Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

My New Commuter...

Awesome Ride..

Why not the RC390 out of interest?

Saw one yesterday and aside from the small capacity it looks like an amazing bike?

The dukes look too small IMO, like a 125cc. They also could do with a bit more sound, too quiet.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine the 690 feels like a go-kart in comparison... Far better IMO for commuting and city work.

Oh ya for sure, 690 is very punchy in comparison it's also nearly half the weight.

That 1050 is so nice to ride, very comfortable and smooth, the pipe also sounds awesome

Don't know if this has been posted:

FIRST EVER SOUTH AFRICA BIKE FESTIVAL TO BE HELD AT

THE ALL NEW KYALAMI GRAND PRIX CIRCUIT, GAUTENG

Clarion Events UK are thrilled to announce the launch of South Africa Bike Festival, powered by Discovery Channel, to be held at the newly rejuvenated Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit in Gauteng. From Friday 27 May to Sunday 29 May 2016, Kyalami will open its gates for 3 days of fun-filled live music and entertainment, new adventures, leisure pursuits and all things engine, petrol and motorcycling! 

The event aims to become South Africa's Premier Motorcycle, Music and Lifestyle Festival that will showcase entertainment for families as well as educate and encourage the new youthful market about safe and responsible motorcycling. Over 20,000 visitors will have the unique opportunity to experience the brand new circuit facilities at the newly refurbished and much anticipated re-opening of The Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.  

Together with the manufactures, associated brands and industry members, Clarion Events UK aim to combine event entertainment experience, international media partnerships and local market expertise to ensure the festival becomes THE MUST ATTEND annual motorcycle show in Southern Africa. The festival will offer entertainment, action, products, services and information to consumers and the trade.

Focusing the event on safe biking, South Africa Bike Festival will provide visitors with the opportunity to experience the benefits of biking in a safe and controlled environment, direct from the brands and experts. From young children through to the retired, there will be an opportunity to try, ride and buy motorcycles as well as see and be part of other motorcycle related pursuits. 

Nicole Muller, Portfolio Director at Clarion Events adds: “Our long term aim in creating this event will be to drive awareness to a potential new target audience each year and create a sustainable, annual and internationally recognised brand that will bring together the experienced and the young motivators to encourage and grow a new generation of motorcyclists in South Africa and beyond”.

Headline media partner, Discovery Channel and confirmed manufacturers BMW, Triumph, Kawasaki, Indian & Victory, Polaris, Linhai, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, SYM, KTM, Can-Am, Husqvarna and Ducati, to name a few, are looking forward to showcasing their brands alongside exciting live music and celebrities, motorcycle parades, custom bike competitions and displays, as well as stunt and enduro-cross entertainment, local food and drink and much, much more!

“We are incredibly excited to be partnering with the inaugural South Africa Bike Festival,” said James Gibbons, EVP & Country Manager, Emerging Business, Discovery Networks CEEMEA. “Turbo is one of the biggest programming genres on Discovery Channel, so South Africa Bike Festival presents a great opportunity to reach out to new and existing local viewers who love everything fast and furious!”

Clarion Events UK are calling all sponsors/exhibitors/food trucks interested in partaking - contact the team today by emailing Kasia on Kasia.Pienaar@clarionevents.com. Ticket prices start from R190 and for more information on the South African Bike Festival visit www.southafricabikefestival.com

Tickets go on sale soon, visitors are encouraged to register via the website for the early-bird ticket specials.

facebook.com/sabikefestival  / / twitter.com/SA_Bike_Fest  / / instagram.com/sabikefestival #southafricabikefestival

What is it with bike/motorbike salesman these days? Last week i ordered my Duke 390, but since then i heard nothing from Him. I had to call everyday and find out whats going on, when is my bike going to be here etc.

I even had to contact KTM in JHB to find out why is my shipment late. But he was all smiles and eager enough to take my money....

Bad service really pisses me off.. :ph34r: :whistling:

You will enjoy the 390, I really enjoyed mine when I had it... I just wanted a bit more

Why not the RC390 out of interest?

Saw one yesterday and aside from the small capacity it looks like an amazing bike?

The dukes look too small IMO, like a 125cc. They also could do with a bit more sound, too quiet.

The Duke 390 is basically the same as the RC. The reason I chose the Duke, is because I don't like the forward leaning while riding. I'm much more comfortable in a slightly upright position. And your right, it's small, almost look like a 125, lol. I'm 1,73m and its actually a good fit. I totally agree, it's a little bit to quiet. That's why I'm looking to buy an IXIL Twin Exchaust outlet that I can put under the seat. But having trouble locating anyone who is selling those Exhaust. If you know any place, I will be very grateful.

The Duke 390 is basically the same as the RC. The reason I chose the Duke, is because I don't like the forward leaning while riding. I'm much more comfortable in a slightly upright position. And your right, it's small, almost look like a 125, lol. I'm 1,73m and its actually a good fit. I totally agree, it's a little bit to quiet. That's why I'm looking to buy an IXIL Twin Exchaust outlet that I can put under the seat. But having trouble locating anyone who is selling those Exhaust. If you know any place, I will be very grateful.

Eish, I had a chick in front of me on a 200 Duke with the IXIL twin exhaust...  :wacko: It didnt sound too nice, basically a loud lawnmower noise. Id much rather get a normal can on the side, if you can afford the Akrapovic, go for it otherwise you can get something else thats decent.

I also like the Akrapovic exhaust, but side exchaust just looks to big for the 390.

I kinda like the slick look of an exchaust system going under the seat. :thumbup:

That unfortunately is the problem with small capacity 4t's - unless they are really high-revving like the WR's and YZ's, you end up with a lot of noise for not a hell of a lot of forward movement

All these new 300/320's look so bloody nice but man they sound like anaemic lambs.....

I had a chance to ride an R3 a few days ago - it's brilliant, but I swear you will be wanting a bit more go to match the show after a few months.  But a lovely bike nonetheless....