babyball

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another clever one here.

This is after 2 rides

The drop applied to each roller cannot get any smaller, so you can also get an invite with the clever OP and come demonstrate next week Friday night.

We will ride Saturday 80km or so at Van Gaalens then you guys can re apply so we can go ride Sunday again same distance.

Then after we return you can both show me "how easy" it washes off with the soft park tool brush set and Powasol soap.

Always a clever one saying you apply too much, come show me how clever you are.

I challenge you

It must be so frustrating that you just can't do it right. Sorry man. Keep trying. You'll get it eventually. Remember. The water needs to be hot.

Guest Travis.

It must be so frustrating that you just can't do it right. Sorry man. Keep trying. You'll get it eventually. Remember. The water needs to be hot.

Crisis chap. You really are clueless if you don't even know who you are talking to.

Chukky has cycled for longer than you have walked. He knows what he's talking about.

Now calm down before you hurt yourself.

Cool...

How's your 29er saddle, did you come right and find one?

Cool...

How's your 29er saddle, did you come right and find one?

Classic

Ive used Smoove... found it to be brilliant with no issues cleaning. Use paraffin to clean chain and cassette, then hose down

Edited by MK Killer

Ive used Smoove... found it to be brilliant with no issues cleaning. Use paraffin to clean chain and cassette, then hose down

I don't use smoove, but I clean my cassette and chain with paraffin and that works great, seems like new chain etc when finished.

Edited by BennieGerber

I found the best cleaner to be WD 40 and it lubes to .Dry excess and apply whatever. I Used purple extreme for a year now and bottle is only half empty

My experience with Smoove at Saturdays Bainbridge Believe event, 6 hours, 74km later, a big build up on the jockey wheels, cassette and crank gears are all clean. Worst place for a build up....

post-36342-0-61285600-1402300064_thumb.jpg

post-36342-0-87263600-1402300073_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Tried it for the first time at Trailseeker #1 this weekend and I have to say I was impressed. Few water crossings and lots of dust and not a squeak or grind from the chain.

Let's see how the cleaning goes.

Report back: Used Smoove for Trailseeker #2 Hakahana and it really let me down. By 45km my chain (almost new XTR), sounded like it was going to self destruct. People were listening to my bike and pointing and sniggering. I even stopped to check that my rear derailleur hadn't been damaged it was so bad. And I used it according to directions, evening before etc, etc. Oh well, back to my old faithful methods.

Edited by GreatGusto