Momsen Vipa vs Scott Spark 910

Gary57

Any opinions on these 2 bikes?

I like the lockout on the Scott but the Vipa looks so hot.

What else should I look at at the R40k mark?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Came off a Scott Spark and really loved it. Heard loads of complaints about broken Sparks and heard they really hold their warrantee. Also Spark has the twin lockout which I like.

Vipa is SA product and very pretty.

Any Cannondales in this price range?

Got spark 900, the premium, great bike all in at 10.5kg, the vipa will be a cheaper build don't care so much about it being SA brand as it's coming in from Thailand or something.

If it wasn't for the discount I got on the scott frame I would be on a vipa.

What complaints re the Scott Spark? I am thinking of getting the 920. Apologies for the highjack.

Got spark 900, the premium, great bike all in at 10.5kg, the vipa will be a cheaper build don't care so much about it being SA brand as it's coming in from Thailand or something.

If it wasn't for the discount I got on the scott frame I would be on a vipa.

Premium is R58k not R40k.

What did you pay for your premium?

What complaints re the Scott Spark? I am thinking of getting the 920. Apologies for the highjack.

They have been breaking left right and centre. The chain stays seem to be the problem. Do a search in the rant and rave section to see how many complaints there have been.

There have been mixed reactions to the warranty process. There have been complaints of waiting 6 weeks or so for replacement parts and there have been people receiving their warranty replacements within a few days.

There is even a letter in this month's Ride magazine regarding a broken Spark.

Came off a Scott Spark and really loved it. Heard loads of complaints about broken Sparks and heard they really hold their warrantee. Also Spark has the twin lockout which I like.

Vipa is SA product and very pretty.

Any Cannondales in this price range?

You've heard about the complaints and are still considering one?

You've heard about the complaints and are still considering one?

I never had an issue, just bought my wife a 710 last week. Figure Scott must be one of the top selling brands in SA so one can expect a few complaints. Never heard of anyone not getting a replacement frame under the warrantee, which speaks louder than the actual issue.

Considering a spark is like voting for the ANC again. Same ****. No change. Buy the VIPA. If you might wonder. Yes I had a Spark but now I am as happy as can be on my Vipa.

2014 Spez Camber Comp Carbon (@R40k)

Read the reviews on the 2014 Camber, they all rate the bike (esp the expert but that's too expensive).

I am biased, as I own one, but at least go test one.