Goggles for All Mountain / Enduro Riding

TAAHIRWP

taahir: i have a few goggles i've been meaning to sell but will give one to you. What's your email/whatsapp details and i'll take some pics and you can decide.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

taahir: i have a few goggles i've been meaning to sell but will give one to you. What's your email/whatsapp details and i'll take some pics and you can decide.

PM sent

I'm not an Oakley fan or anything but the availability of replacement lenses make them my default choice. The lenses on goggles scratch mega easy.

Is isolated to oakley only omega, or a general statement? Because if it goes for all goggles, then replacement lenses availability is definately something to take into consideration.

Don't be shy to look in the kids section :whistling:

I use Oakley MX XS O frame goggles (kids goggles), although I don't have a small head/face the goggles still fit me nicely and I find the smaller frame fits open face lids much better than normal bulky goggles :thumbup:

post-31228-0-75052700-1402058489_thumb.jpg

Don't go near a bike shop - any motorcycle shop should have Thor and a few other brands. Mine were about R300 from Suzuki South...

Don't be shy to look in the kids section :whistling:

I use Oakley MX XS O frame goggles (kids goggles), although I don't have a small head/face the goggles still fit me nicely and I find the smaller frame fits open face lids much better than normal bulky goggles :thumbup:

Thats a nice looking combo! :drool:

Is isolated to oakley only omega, or a general statement? Because if it goes for all goggles, then replacement lenses availability is definately something to take into consideration.

that statement is true for just about all goggles.

Another thing worth considering is models that have enduro lenses available

...and this time I mean dirt bike enduro... or "vented" dual lenses. These are less likely to fog up when your face starts melting!

http://www.ride100percent.com/wp-content/themes/ride100percent/images/dirt/DUAL-VENTED-BLUE-MIRROR.png

(100% Dual Vented lens)

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I have a thing for these goggles.

http://web1791.server2.greatnet.de/ebay/pic/rahmen/184_detail1.jpg

The shaded lens just clips over the clear.

And the spherical shape is more natural to the eye so eliminates that slight distortion that goggles can cause.

Not cheap though... around 2000 Rondts

Nice thing with the 100% goggles is that all models take the same lens AFAIK

Yup! The Racecraft, Accuri and Strata all have the same lens format (I think the Barstow is different though). And they have HEAPS of lens options.

Here's the 100% lens selector. pretty cool idea of previewing the lenses

http://www.ride100percent.com/products/lens-selector/

If you really want to be #enduro you have to spend at least 6k on goggles like this.

Go look at alliance mx prices are reasonable and they have a lot of other cool mountain bike stuff.

Go look at alliance mx prices are reasonable and they have a lot of other cool mountain bike stuff.

Ha, I see they do TLD shorts and such like, but at a price...

Archived