[Event] Freedom Challenge 2014

tubed

Any news on Tweet?

nothing - probably battling his way up Stettyns Kloof right now, will be very beautiful in there - such a fitting way to spend the last day, only signal will be when he hits the N1 near the tunnel and then he is nearly home, same for Marnitz

post-1509-0-53911300-1404033569_thumb.jpg

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and they're off..grabouw apple farmer mike du toit is a fit bugger, you can see he has been consulting ugene nel by his choice of pedals for the race! (i think it's a *** idea)

Ja boet...

Edited by Uge

Since when are you such a fundi on what's best? How many times did you ride FC and when? Mike happens to prefer what he rides with. On the other hand - I rode and completed FC 3 years in a row. With cages. Many others in each of those did not make it. With cleats. Easy for you to shout from the side lines!

Hi Ugene

I am pretty sure Shebeen was not being too serious when he made that comment, what you and Trevor did over those three years was unquestionably ground breaking, and I am sure you will concur that Bugs and Allen followed quite capably in showing the field a clean pair of tracks to Diemerfontein.

I dont think there was any malice intended at all. Besides after 2012's Alaskan Wolf we all took a new look at what equipment is actually needed to complete the FC and its definitely a case of each to his own.

Cheers

post-1509-0-76214500-1404046868_thumb.jpg

Latest news is that Graham and Marnitz are together and have dropped down from the Elandspad onto the N1, they have a horrible ride (traffic and trucks which they wont be used to) up the Du Toits Kloof Pass to the top where they swing off into the pine plantations below the pass road and from there is is about 20/30mins all downhill the Diemersfontein gate where they will be met by David the race director and then by their families as they ride up the driveway to the historic manor house.

We will have our 2014 winner and runner up shortly - very fitting winner and just as deserving runner up in my opinion.

Edited by tubed

Latest news is that Graham and Marnitz are together and have dropped down from the Elandspad onto the N1, they have a horrible ride (traffic and trucks which they wont be used to) up the Du Toits Kloof Pass to the top where they swing off into the pine plantations below the pass road and from there is is about 20/30mins all downhill the Diemersfontein gate where they will be met by David the race director and then by their families as they ride up the driveway to the historic manor house.

We will have our 2014 winner and runner up shortly - very fitting winner and just as deserving runner up in my opinion.

Indeed.

We will have to arrange a visit with Marnitz to hear all about it

I bet ja he can't wait to see his family.

Graham Bird over the line - winner of Freedom Challenge Race Across South Africa 2014

And another paddler wins this awesome event must be something in the water!

Hi Ugene

I am pretty sure Shebeen was not being too serious when he made that comment, what you and Trevor did over those three years was unquestionably ground breaking, and I am sure you will concur that Bugs and Allen followed quite capably in showing the field a clean pair of tracks to Diemerfontein.

I dont think there was any malice intended at all. Besides after 2012's Alaskan Wolf we all took a new look at what equipment is actually needed to complete the FC and its definitely a case of each to his own.

Cheers

:thumbup:

Graham Bird - feeling like a million dollars ;) having earned his winners place and receiving his blanket and Diemersfontein Pinotage. His pizza would be waiting.

post-1509-0-45507500-1404115003_thumb.jpg

Marnitz - finshed last night too, 2nd place and did it his way (I don't think this pic is at the finish, that's SS food there - coffee, peanut butter, bread and raided boxes)

Marnitz holds 5 blankets, a lifetime of memories and lifelong friendships - that's some going, RESPECT.

Legend is a word thrown around all to often these days - but this oke from Klerksdorp might just qualify.

post-1509-0-05489200-1404117182_thumb.jpg

Marnitz - finshed last night too, 2nd place and did it his way (I don't think this pic is at the finish, that's SS food there - coffee, peanut butter, bread and raided boxes)

Marnitz holds 5 blankets, a lifetime of memories and lifelong friendships - that's some going, RESPECT.

Legend is a word thrown around all to often these days - but this oke from Klerksdorp might just qualify.

I think that's at diemers in one of the cottages, maybe race office brought some abandoned boxes from the course. The giveaway is the left edge of the picture...that's a red blanket.

Marnitz is crazy, I love it! Damn well done to him all things considering, a huge effort.

I think that's at diemers in one of the cottages, maybe race office brought some abandoned boxes from the course. The giveaway is the left edge of the picture...that's a red blanket.

Marnitz is crazy, I love it! Damn well done to him all things considering, a huge effort.

well spotted, hell the oke rides 2300km and he gets offered some boxes raided by Meryl......hope they are enjoying their breakfast at Diemersfontein as much as Tim James is enjoying frolicking out in the sun after his release from hospital this morn