DH World Cup #4 - Leogang

Stretch

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly HOW THE VAAARK?????????,,,,,,all videos like this show me is JOE SOAP never comes within 10% of their bikes capabilities, there is no way i could ride that stuff at 10km/h, not even close

My take on it.

I personally feel many people are out there doing stuff and end up hurting themselves in the process.

These guys are born with this type of skill, as they grow up they just know inside of themselves what type of extremists they are.

honestly HOW THE VAAARK?????????,,,,,,all videos like this show me is JOE SOAP never comes within 10% of their bikes capabilities, there is no way i could ride that stuff at 10km/h, not even close

True! But as long as we're enjoying ourselves then nothing wrong :thumbup:

The speed and precision of his lines through the rocks and roots is astonishing. I'd be walking.

where the guys that can teach/show us how to control speeds like that

yup! At my level my DH bike is probably yawning on rides. But at Elite WC level the bikes are being used, almost to the fullest (sometimes beyond)... and so much so that I don't think a top enduro (dirt bike) rider would be able to take their 300/450cc down there much quicker (if quicker at all). (Like the Gee vs David Knight Fort Bill challenge)

True! But as long as we're enjoying ourselves then nothing wrong :thumbup:

100% AGREE I LOVE RIDING my different bikes for different reasons but when i see what bikes are capable WITH THE RIGHT RIDER, i feel like i should be on a makro special

yup! At my level my DH bike is probably yawning on rides. But at Elite WC level the bikes are being used, almost to the fullest (sometimes beyond)... and so much so that I don't think a top enduro (dirt bike) rider would be able to take their 300/450cc down there much quicker (if quicker at all). (Like the Gee vs David Knight Fort Bill challenge)

we have had this conversation many times before with mates who ride motor bikes, they say the turns are too tight, but they agree it will be dammmm close, but they think they will come off second best :clap:

Guest Omega Man

100% AGREE I LOVE RIDING my different bikes for different reasons but when i see what bikes are capable WITH THE RIGHT RIDER, i feel like i should be on a makro special

It's amazing when you see these guys riding live. They are using their suspension to push them down the trail faster. while plebs like me are using it to stay out of the emergency room.

It's amazing when you see these guys riding live. They are using their suspension to push them down the trail faster. while plebs like me are using it to stay out of the emergency room.

it has to be that, balls of steel versus carbon, cause when i see stuff like that my eyes start to water, it must be awesome just to switch off the fear(or take it in) and KNOW your skillz will take you through,,,,,,well 85% of the time :whistling:

An MTB vs m/bike would be most interesting Patches; maybe to get GM to try both bikes (a YZ 125/KTM 200 say) on the same track!!

There is a niche of fitting small engines (XR 100 size) to what are basically hybrid offroad bike and MTB / downhill bicycles

I wouldn't bet on the outcome. I'm guessing that both here and worldwide there is quite an overlap between offroad bikes and MTB; even road bikes if you think of Guy Martin (the amusing nutter). Not downhill but noted quite a few local national enduro riders at Sani2c this year, and for the past few years.

An MTB vs m/bike would be most interesting Patches; maybe to get GM to try both bikes (a YZ 125/KTM 200 say) on the same track!!

There is a niche of fitting small engines (XR 100 size) to what are basically hybrid offroad bike and MTB / downhill bicycles

I wouldn't bet on the outcome. I'm guessing that both here and worldwide there is quite an overlap between offroad bikes and MTB; even road bikes if you think of Guy Martin (the amusing nutter). Not downhill but noted quite a few local national enduro riders at Sani2c this year, and for the past few years.

there must be a comparrison out there somewhere,someone decided HEYYYY LETS CHECK

there must be a comparrison out there somewhere,someone decided HEYYYY LETS CHECK

There is! Gee Atherton and a moto rider at Fort William. patches referred to it earlier.

But for leogang... i dunno who would take it. Moto would LOVE the all open sections, but there's also sooooo much tech stuff. You'd need to go up against one of the extreme Moto Enduro legends...

Big applause to that wheel builder anreven bigger applause to Gwin.

It just goes to show how smooth these guys are compared to us.

i love watching profile videos when these guys ride on normal trails that you and I ride - their speed, lines and handling of the bike is like a classical music composition

My take on it.

I personally feel many people are out there doing stuff and end up hurting themselves in the process.

These guys are born with this type of skill, as they grow up they just know inside of themselves what type of extremists they are.

I don't think they're born with the skill. That part is and can be learned. They just lack the sense of self-preservation that most of us have - which causes us to slam on the brakes, which causes the front to wash out and us falling on our faces.

I don't think they're born with the skill. That part is and can be learned. They just lack the sense of self-preservation that most of us have - which causes us to slam on the brakes, which causes the front to wash out and us falling on our faces.

I think they must have some natural inherent ability and skill in understanding in momentum and limits as these guys can all equally ride motox bikes, cars, carts etc to their absolute limits and well...it may well be a result of doing it since 5 years old...but to be doing that sort of stuff at 5 means that its in you

I think they must have some natural inherent ability and skill in understanding in momentum and limits as these guys can all equally ride motox bikes, cars, carts etc to their absolute limits and well...it may well be a result of doing it since 5 years old...but to be doing that sort of stuff at 5 means that its in you

Yep, guys like these are born with it, if any old hat could "learn" these skills we would all be on the world stage.