SRAM - Good or Bad ???

jonnynogood

Your opinion!

Not fact.

I'm going to have to agree strongly with that opinion! I've got two bikes, one with Avid and one with XT. I have to say the Shimanos win ever time! Feels like a serious downgrade when I go from the XTs to Avids

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah good info on the paint...but I am not sure I want to roll the dice on it.

dont be a such a fairy. there's no major risk here other than your imagination. But i have to say, i ditched the dot 5.1 fluid my brakes shipped with, and went with synthetic dot 4: motul RB 600. Dang good stuff. No boil, fade or whatever.

dont be a such a fairy. there's no major risk here other than your imagination. But i have to say, i ditched the dot 5.1 fluid my brakes shipped with, and went with synthetic dot 4: motul RB 600. Dang good stuff. No boil, fade or whatever.

I see on the base of the Brake Reservoir they stamped that either Dot 5.1 or dot 4 can be used.

On my next Brake service I will switch to Dot 4.

I see on the base of the Brake Reservoir they stamped that either Dot 5.1 or dot 4 can be used.

On my next Brake service I will switch to Dot 4.

Don't switch to just any old dot4 fluid - use a racing brake fluid - Castrol SRF, Motul 600 and the like - I posted a list of fluids with wet and dry boil points in a different thread somewhere - pick the one with the highest wet boiling point you can find.

Why buy a bike and then want to worry about the parts?

2014 Cannondale F29 3 Carbon Lefty, motive for purchase was frame and shock

What kind of riding must one do for your brake fluid to 'boil' on an MTB :eek:

You must either be very fast or very ***. I have seen rotors set fire to some dry grass after a ridiculous jeep track descent at the start of the Swartberg trail though.

rather your bike than mine, I hate admin and dot 5.1 creates it in my life in various forms. Why bother when I can get the same if not better performance from something else whilst it being a breeze to bleed shimano brakes. Nee Dankie.

Fitted X0 to my Turner with X0 twist shifters 2 years ago and have never looked back. I ran the cables totally encased and rain, hail, mud or shine have never even been forced into a cable replacement. I did it by choice a few months ago and as smooth as a baby's bum.