nathrix

152 members have voted

1. 1. Riding the ATTAKWAS EXTREME MTB 2015? (just out of interest)

• NO, won't be able to enter :(
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a SS Rigid!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE with gears!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE SS!!!!

chukkys visa for mordor isn't valid

too much district road? 

not enough reward after climbing?

too hot?

not enough single-track?

too flat?

:D

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh yoh yoh. You had me there. Was kind of hoping you may be right as this is my first attempt on a SS. Finish servicing the bike tonight then start to pack. Leaving CT at lunch on Friday. Not so much nervous as bloody petrified.  :clap:

What gear ratio did you settle on ?

I was over geared .

I have a 32-19 on. What are you going with? I will need that 32 on the last few climbs. The first 30kms will probably see a cadence of 46181634354316851135643513 though!!

I am not going, but I rode it two or three years back and used a 34/19 .

34/20 would have been ideal for me .

Cool. So a 32-19 Won't be too far off the right thing. I will see how it goes to decide on my gears for Tankwa.  :thumbup:

It's all really rider dependant .

What time are you gunning for ?

That one tooth must have eaten in to my time by about 20 minutes in the last 40 k's .

eish...

Leading up to the event, warning message was sent out from ODN Disaster Management that temperatures will reach 49.6C tomorrow, really hope the weather is kind to us on the day.

eish...

Leading up to the event, warning message was sent out from ODN Disaster Management that temperatures will reach 49.6C tomorrow, really hope the weather is kind to us on the day.

EINA.....

Cool. So a 32-19 Won't be too far off the right thing. I will see how it goes to decide on my gears for Tankwa.  :thumbup:

I rode Tankwa last year on 32-18, worked perfect

Started a late-ish slow ride today to try and get a bit of a "feeling" for the heat and did a Oudtshoorn, Lategansvlei, Swartberg and returned via Schoemanspoort back to Oudtshoorn loop today and almost died in this heat! My Ritchey and i almost melted! Stopped a few times in the shade, if it was available, to try and cool down a little bit. My phones batery did die at 90 kms though while running endomondo and taking plenty pics along the way....

post-4329-0-24729000-1421249201_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-37294600-1421249215_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-67180800-1421249234_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-12896200-1421249250_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-40483700-1421249264_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-04510500-1421249287_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-32903800-1421249312_thumb.jpg

Started a late-ish slow ride today to try and get a bit of a "feeling" for the heat and did a Oudtshoorn, Lategansvlei, Swartberg and returned via Schoemanspoort back to Oudtshoorn loop today and almost died in this heat! My Ritchey and i almost melted! Stopped a few times in the shade, if it was available, to try and cool down a little bit. My phones batery did die at 90 kms though while running endomondo and taking plenty pics along the way....

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Krag ride so close to the race  :eek:

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Krag ride so close to the race :eek:

True that, but i just could not resist. I'm definately going to pay for it on Sat :( I'm putting it down as Tankwa Trek training which is around the corner. Edited by nathrix ® ©™

That looks serious lonely Nathrix

Hahaha, was me, my bike and the ostriches plus some tortoises along the way, not lonely at all :)

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Going for sub 8. Did a 6.45 on my gears last year. Maybe a little stronger this year but about 5kgs heavier.. Not great. So will just have to play it by gear!!

You can add at least 45 minutes to your time from a geared bike, so you should be in under 8 .