nathrix

152 members have voted

1. 1. Riding the ATTAKWAS EXTREME MTB 2015? (just out of interest)

• NO, won't be able to enter :(
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a SS Rigid!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE with gears!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE SS!!!!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ariane did a 5h30! That is insane!!!

On the other hand I had a shocker! Could not stomach my energy drinks or gels en really started to feel weak from 70km. Eventually started to puke the last 10km. Such a bommer! I am in good shape (well I think) and was really hoping to come as close to 6hrs as possible. Eventually arrived with 6h44 totally broken

Ariane did a 5h30! That is insane!!!

On the other hand I had a shocker! Could not stomach my energy drinks or gels en really started to feel weak from 70km. Eventually started to puke the last 10km. Such a bommer! I am in good shape (well I think) and was really hoping to come as close to 6hrs as possible. Eventually arrived with 6h44 totally broken

Considering the events (puke) 6;44 very respectable well done

I saw her just before the start and she didn't look well at all. Would have liked to have seen her take on her Epic partner in that race. Would be an excellent contest.

We had dinner at the same restaurant as they did on Friday evening. She left even before dinner was served. Could see things were not so kosher.......

We had dinner at the same restaurant as they did on Friday evening. She left even before dinner was served. Could see things were not so kosher.......

I,would love to run times like that when I'm not kosher ;)

What a lekker race! Could not have asked for better weather. My imagination or was the terrain smoother than previous years?

Agreed, it was way smoother than previous years.

must be *** to ride then ride back, you okes can stay over here next year.

this is the 1st year I brought my wife & kideo with so made a holiday of it, stayed 2 days in Oudtshoorn & now 3 days in Mossle Bay, but next year I might take you up on that offer. Thanks T.

Sore throat, blocked nose & heavy after holidays. Not the best preparation. Managed to crawl home in 7:30. Briefly saw Copperhead in first 30km. Still my favorite MTB race.

I saw her just before the start and she didn't look well at all.

That being said, I was at the river crossing just past the water point before Eight Bells.  Ariane past me 15 seconds behind Robyn.  For her to take 8 minutes out of Robyn at that stage of the race, takes some doing.  Robyn is not slow either......

Missed cut off with 30 seconds. But finished.

Something went wrong on about 75km The last stretch after that was tough.

Met a hubber :thumbup: Smurfy nice to put a face to the name :)

The main race lines are becoming smoother,this was my Ratel year and the route is getting smoother.that first big climb after the river ,where the first water point used to be has now developed a smooth outside line that's totally rideable .

Some rider took a huge crash on the last ledge before the spur,Moer he fell hard but was ok to carry on.

I also stopped at some lady in the Atta kloof her derailer cable snapped so she says to me ,here I have a spare cable WTF hello I'm not about to open a trigger in the Atta.Showed her how to fit a zip-tie to select a light gear and was outa there

The main race lines are becoming smoother,this was my Ratel year and the route is getting smoother.that first big climb after the river ,where the first water point used to be has now developed a smooth outside line that's totally rideable .

Some rider took a huge crash on the last ledge before the spur,Moer he fell hard but was ok to carry on.

I also stopped at some lady in the Atta kloof her derailer cable snapped so she says to me ,here I have a spare cable WTF hello I'm not about to open a trigger in the Atta.Showed her how to fit a zip-tie to select a light gear and was outa there

Good on you for helping out! In my last 3 mtb races I snapped 2 derailer hangers. Thank goodness the atta was not 1 of them

WTF sorry but sometimes I am here to race not to be your LBs!!

Don't be like this if she's been like that..... :D

Where is the gentlemen is you......? :whistling: