• Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fisherman's Friends (2019) 7/10.

Fun little British comedy with heart and some great songs. Based on a true story of ten fishermen from Cornwall whose sea shanties get them noticed.

Toy Story 4 (2019) - 8/10

A more emotional and poignant adventure featuring everyone’s favorite toys which, although still very entertaining, isn’t as much fun. 

There are funny moments and the action and animation is always superb, but it doesn’t have the same style or magic of the other films in the series. 

Overall, it feels as though it was made for adults who grew up with the series rather than children, but with a slightly more modern take on the humour.

I thought it was far better than the 3rd one which was too dark imo

My kids also enjoyed it but interestingly they didn't like Woody's choice in the ending.

Somehow managed to catch all 4 movies in the cinema over the course of 25(!!!) years - not something I can claim of any other movie franchise

I thought it was far better than the 3rd one which was too dark imo

My kids also enjoyed it but interestingly they didn't like Woody's choice in the ending.

Somehow managed to catch all 4 movies in the cinema over the course of 25(!!!) years - not something I can claim of any other movie franchise

I didn't really enjoy that much but admittedly I'm not the target market but also my children didn't love it like they did the others.

I get the outrage but I feel a bit contrarian - for me the James Bond movies have grown beyond stale, now even rehashing "Spectre" villains from the 60's. They seriously need to come up with something new & different, maybe this will work? If not then they can always go back to a rinse & repeat of the old tired formula.

I get the outrage but I feel a bit contrarian - for me the James Bond movies have grown beyond stale, now even rehashing "Spectre" villains from the 60's. They seriously need to come up with something new & different, maybe this will work? If not then they can always go back to a rinse & repeat of the old tired formula.

But but but.. I wanted Idris Elba as Bond.. that isn't Idris Elba.[emoji17]

Also agree 100% with you..

I get the outrage but I feel a bit contrarian - for me the James Bond movies have grown beyond stale, now even rehashing "Spectre" villains from the 60's. They seriously need to come up with something new & different, maybe this will work? If not then they can always go back to a rinse & repeat of the old tired formula.

Yeah, but is this latest trend empowering "WoC" or is it just cheap marketing/publicity stunt to score attention/stay relevant to, as you say, a product/market/industry gone stale?

Yeah, but it's not Bond that they're saying is now female & black, it's the 007 moniker. 007 can be anyone, who cares if it's a woman, as long as it's a good film.

So can we still have Idris Elba then?[emoji6]

Yeah, but is this latest trend empowering "WoC" or is it just cheap marketing/publicity stunt to score attention/stay relevant to, as you say, a product/market/industry gone stale?

who the heck cares? It's a creative decision based on a "retirement" - there's never been a new 007, it's always just been a new James Bond. This is a completely new 007 after Bond retired from that position. 

LOL - I was skimming through the headlines, had the post about the new female Bond in my head and I misread "contrarian" for "ovarian".  Thought to myself well here's someone who is in touch with his female side  :clap:

Maybe both? I think the franchise has run out of other ideas on what to do with James Bond. Lets see what they come up with - as mayhem said, only thing that really matters is that it should be a good movie.