• M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Speaking of Brad Pitt... Did you guys see him in Deadpool 2

What am I saying.. You're all marvel nerds.. Of course you did

I enjoyed his performance in Fury. Thought it was one of his best performances ever.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We watched Shot Caller last night. A very good psychological prison drama with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau about a white collar worker that ends up in prison and how he adapts to survive. 

We watched Shot Caller last night. A very good psychological prison drama with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau about a white collar worker that ends up in prison and how he adapts to survive. 

was excellent, but also extremely saddening. 

was excellent, but also extremely saddening. 

Yeah for sure. Took me a while to get into it. Was definitely a bit of a mind**** I was hoping you'd see more detail about how he ended up where he did but I suppose that was part of what made it a good movie.

I enjoyed his performance in Fury. Thought it was one of his best performances ever.

Enjoyed him in Inglorious Bastards too, actually all acting in that movie was good...in my opinion.

Train to Busan (2016) 7/10. Man, Korea makes good movies. I'm not a big zombie fan so I was reluctant to watch Train to Busan, despite all the good things I heard about it. Turns out this movie was made for everyone who loves good movies, not just zombie fans. There's action, drama, comedy, a love story... A little bit of everything for everyone, blended together to make a damn fine movie. If you're a zombie fan you'll probably enjoy it even more than I did. 

Acts of Vengeance (2017) 6/10. Reminds me a bit of Bruce Willis's Death Wish remake. Both of them were decent action stars, both of them seem to cling to those days (in these movies, anyway). I didn't have high hopes so I wasn't too disappointed. A couple of nice gimmicks and kudos to Antonio Banderas for doing a lot of the hard work himself. Loved all the Marcus Aurelius references as well. But, in the end, it's just another generic, predictable B-grade action move. 

Watched Yojimbo (Kurosawa) and a Fist full of Dollars (Leone) back to back.

Screenwriters Akira Kurosawa and Ryuzo Kikushima sued the filmmakers for copyright infringement and won their case. Kurosawa apparently made more money from the lawsuit than what he had made making Yojimbo. 

Samurai 1-0 Cowboy

Watching Hereditary tonight. Will report back on whether a change of underwear was required. 

Please do... been a while since I've watched a thriller / horror that truly thrills me. 

Hereditary. 

Really, really tough film to rate. Is it "The Exorcist of our generation", as the trailer and promo material claims? No. It's similar, but very different. The Exorcist is a film that absolutely oozes dread and unease, Hereditary doesn't have that same vibe.

Hereditary is definitely an unsettling movie with mostly strong performances, which aims to balance a psychological story arc with a supernatural one and I'm not quite sure it's at its strongest when venturing into the supernatural realm. 

Will have to watch it again to make up my mind. 

Hereditary. 

Really, really tough film to rate. Is it "The Exorcist of our generation", as the trailer and promo material claims? No. It's similar, but very different. The Exorcist is a film that absolutely oozes dread and unease, Hereditary doesn't have that same vibe.

Hereditary is definitely an unsettling movie with mostly strong performances, which aims to balance a psychological story arc with a supernatural one and I'm not quite sure it's at its strongest when venturing into the supernatural realm. 

Will have to watch it again to make up my mind. 

sounds like a "meh" 

sounds like a "meh" 

I wouldn't go that far. It's a really good movie. It aspires to be more than your usual Hollywood paint by numbers horror film, but ends up using the same old tropes (though no noisy jump scares, if memory recalls). 

Definitely watch it, but maybe just not at the movies. It has quite a minimalist score, so noisy moviegoers do ruin the experience. 

Ready Player One (2018). 8/10. 

Loads of fun. Much better than I thought it would be after all the negative comments and feedback. Typical Spielberg adventure romp set in a game world with an 80s soundtrack. Pity they couldn't bring everything in the book to screen but nevertheless I enjoyed it.

Was riveting stuff.

And, I imagine, a true reflection of how power dynamics work.

Well worth a view.

Watched The Post with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks.

6.5 out of 10 for keeping me engaged.

Steady and solid acting as usual by the two leads.

Solid cast.

Cinematography good.

This is how I found my Ster-Kinekor card in my wallet the other day. Shows how long the Mrs and I haven't been to movies.

7a8ebc70318daef7f4018709dffd56c4.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk