• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know when last I saw a film with Nicole Kidman..Eyes wide shut?

Lion... And she was massive in big little lies... Even though it was a TV series

Mile 22 (2018) 5/10. Well, it finally happened. Marky Mark and Peter Berg finally made a movie to show the world their enduring love for each other. Sadly, they forgot to add a coherent script. 

The Equalizer (2018) 6/10. Just watch the first one again. And then again.

I watched Sicario 2, the other day. Was I the only one that was a bit underwhelmed?

All the action and suspense was there from the first movie. The memorable convoys into and out of Mexico, always threatening and dangerous. The premise of the movie was good - Al Queda links to Mexican Cartels - but it seemed this was too big a plot for this movie, so it got scrapped mid movie. The focus shifting to the Father-Daughter theme that drove the first movie. 

The first one offered so much in terms of fuel for a good sequel, Would Emily Blunt's character follow through with her destiny of taking down the Sicario? And this was the sequel I was hoping for but the second film skipped over that whole opportunity. Perhaps in the third installment? Lets hope she gets resurrected as a fierce counter to the Sicarios - young and old. 

Brolin's nonchalantly, brutal character was a highlight just like in the first movie. 

If you are in the mood for a good action/soldier movie. 

7/10 

Crazy Rich Asians 6/10 (2018). Good news: It's not bad if you like romcoms. It's competently made and Singapore is gorgeous. Bad news: While competent, it's not nearly in the class of famous romcoms like Pretty Woman or love Actually. For me to care about characters they have to be more than caricatures or one-dimensional representations of relationships. It's predictable and in some cases unconvincing.

I watched Sicario 2, the other day. Was I the only one that was a bit underwhelmed?

All the action and suspense was there from the first movie. The memorable convoys into and out of Mexico, always threatening and dangerous. The premise of the movie was good - Al Queda links to Mexican Cartels - but it seemed this was too big a plot for this movie, so it got scrapped mid movie. The focus shifting to the Father-Daughter theme that drove the first movie.

The first one offered so much in terms of fuel for a good sequel, Would Emily Blunt's character follow through with her destiny of taking down the Sicario? And this was the sequel I was hoping for but the second film skipped over that whole opportunity. Perhaps in the third installment? Lets hope she gets resurrected as a fierce counter to the Sicarios - young and old.

Brolin's nonchalantly, brutal character was a highlight just like in the first movie.

If you are in the mood for a good action/soldier movie.

7/10

Hey I watched the first one the other day really enjoyed it.. didn't know the second was was out...thx will look for it.

Edit..

No wait I did watch the second one the other day....it is all blurry..but i am up to date with it lol

Edited by Gen

Mile 22 (2018) 5/10. Well, it finally happened. Marky Mark and Peter Berg finally made a movie to show the world their enduring love for each other. Sadly, they forgot to add a coherent script. 

The Equalizer (2018) 6/10. Just watch the first one again. And then again.

Ha! Watched both over the weekend. 

Mile 22 was an utter shitshow. I have no idea what the movie was really trying to be or say and Wahlberg's character was incredibly obnoxious. Action set pieces were competent enough, though. 

Equalizer 2 was very underwhelming. It didn't have the heart of the first and the third act felt like I was watching an entirely different movie. 

https://youtu.be/I_aTT6xxVL4

Choosing Rami Malek over Sacha Baron Cohen for Freddie Mercury was a ballsy move.

But the risk paid off big time. Considering his performance in Mr Robot I assumed that he would at some point land a big role. But this is huge.

He already had a big part before Mr robot...in short term 12...a way superior movie than bohemian rhapsody will ever be.

Yep, Sadly Sicario was not as it was hyped up to be. Sad, as Both Brolin and Del Toro, are some of my fav actors.

I did wish that one storyline was chosen, and played out. 

He already had a big part before Mr robot...in short term 12...a way superior movie than bohemian rhapsody will ever be.

My favourite Rami Malek movie scene. Warning: NSFW. His scene starts at 1:26.

Yep, Sadly Sicario was not as it was hyped up to be. Sad, as Both Brolin and Del Toro, are some of my fav actors.

I did wish that one storyline was chosen, and played out. 

One of those movies I thought I would enjoy a lot but didn't. Some of the action scenes were cool though. Sicario 2 - saw a few nice action scenes on youtube, don't think I will bother with the whole movie anytime soon.

One of those movies I thought I would enjoy a lot but didn't. Some of the action scenes were cool though. Sicario 2 - saw a few nice action scenes on youtube, don't think I will bother with the whole movie anytime soon.

I did mean Sicario 2. I really enjoyed the first one. Watched it before I watched the sequel

Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) 7/10. I'm getting MI fatigue, because they all seem to blurring into the same movie. This one isn't bad, and Henry Cavill is excellent. If you like the MI movies, you'll love this one. But I'm starting to hear old Roger's voice when I watch a 55-year old Tom sprinting full speed in scene after scene: "I think you're getting too old for this s..."