Sani2c 2015

Gringo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to do the event with my wife after her riding partner passed away in a very unfortunate car accident.

I have thus substituted into a ladies entry and would like to do a clothing swap with someone in the Adventure.

I am looking for mens Medium clothes in exchange for ladies Large.

I know it is still long before the event, but hopefully this way I can get a swap done more easily than running around in the registration tent for 4 hours...

Edited by lapa

This might have been discussed somewhere else, but anyone looked into what would be the best gps units to use?

I've read up on this quite a bit as I am doing Joberg2C this year. All the articles that I've read stated that an edge 500/510 following a breadcrumb trail would do the job just fine. I went for the Edge 810 for the turn by turn navigation on the uploaded map.

This might have been discussed somewhere else, but anyone looked into what would be the best gps units to use?

Ive bought myself a edge 510. Ive tested it a few times and found it very easy to follow.

Hi Hubbers

We will be assisting again this year with both the Sani2C and Joberg2C with regards to everything GPS related.

If you are looking for an entry level or a top end unit send us an email or checkout our website for further info and options.

Email: sales@easybike.co.za

If you have any questions let us know and we will be more than happy to assist as best we can no matter if you are technically challenged or an IT Wizz.

GPS files and routes will only be available closer to the event as the routes have not been finalised yet. You will receive an email from Race Office as soon as these files are available and once we have tested them on all the GPS units and we are sure that they all work.

Regards
EasyBike

Re gps units I've recently gone for a garmin etrex 20 over one of their bike orientated models. I got this specificaly for Sani as most of the races over here aren't long enough to get lost on. Fairly tough, easy enough to use and works on normal batteries which is why I went for it. If you use a HRM function you need the etrex 30. Having said that I've followed breadcrumb trails on cheaper units such as a forerunner 305 and the garmin 200 so you don't need to spend top dollar

Hi there

Newbie here on the S2C scene...

after all the expenses etc. do I REALLY need a GPS?  can my phone with some fancy app not do the job?

I spoke to two different blokes - the one recon it is almost impossible to gte lost...the other says - there are certan section thta you arre alone and might get lost....

Not too keen to drop R5k on a GPS unit now...

c/mon - I need some good, reliable info from veteran S2C champions!!

Hi there

after all the expenses etc. do I REALLY need a GPS?  can my phone with some fancy app not do the job?

I spoke to two different blokes - the one recon it is almost impossible to gte lost...the other says - there are certan section thta you arre alone and might get lost....

ive done 3 or 4 no champion, :blush:  but i can tell you unless you are stone last last and 40 min behind i cant see you getting lost

remember 2 or 3 years ago the sani2c ad read someting like at 10;00 today there is a min of 1 cyclist per 50m from underberg to the sea

thats the year they threw the 3rd trial event,,,,there is zero chance of getting lost unless your name is ESCAPEE OR FAYBES

Hi there

Unless you ride at the very front , chances are very slim that you will get lost . Most of the riders have done S2C and should have a pretty good idea of the road by now . If you are doing Adventure or race keep in mind that the trail guys tread marks will have marked the route very nicely .

Thanks guys...

while we are on the topic....The only way i got into the Trail is by way of a substitution...

Now - being my first time & all (i'm super stoked! - waited like 4 yeras to get entry!)

I'm stuck with a clothing size that will be way to small for me....WTF?? :eek:

What are the chances that I'll find a XXL bloke that wants to swap back to XL (not to even mention my parner - he;s stuck with M clothes...)

Afterall - this is one of my bucket list ticks...and i'll cherish the S2C logo with pride...but I will not even be able to wear my hard earned apparel!!

with >months still prsent to change chlothing options...why are they so strict?

Hi there

It's a new rule so what the champions did in previous years doesn't really count...

I'm sure it's not optional Cassie, but luckily you can get away with much less than R5k for a GPS

Thanks guys...

while we are on the topic....The only way i got into the Trail is by way of a substitution...

Now - being my first time & all (i'm super stoked! - waited like 4 yeras to get entry!)

I'm stuck with a clothing size that will be way to small for me....WTF?? :eek:

What are the chances that I'll find a XXL bloke that wants to swap back to XL (not to even mention my parner - he;s stuck with M clothes...)

Afterall - this is one of my bucket list ticks...and i'll cherish the S2C logo with pride...but I will not even be able to wear my hard earned apparel!!

with >months still prsent to change chlothing options...why are they so strict?

in the past it was always much of a swop meet at registration,, everyone swopped out,,,im a beeg fella i always came right to get kit that fits,,,,,,

Thanks!!  There might just be hope for me... :clap:

otherwise, just make sure you and your partner are riding in the middle of a bunch of people. That way if one gets lost, you all get lost. No need for a GPS (unless you right at the back, or people are to far away to see what they are doing)

I have decided to do the event with my wife after her riding partner passed away in a very unfortunate car accident.

I have thus substituted into a ladies entry and would like to do a clothing swap with someone in the Adventure.

I am looking for mens Medium clothes in exchange for ladies Large.

I know it is still long before the event, but hopefully this way I can get a swap done more easily than running around in the registration tent for 4 hours...

sizing on the done is always a hit and miss.

But might be keen on a swop, but it depends on how they "size" stuff this year.