Sani2c 2015

Gringo

last year mine went unused RACE if it goes that way this year ill hit you a pm no promises im still trying to play catch up fitness and weight

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  Dips,

Ps. go watch TV and be lazy now.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys...

while we are on the topic....The only way i got into the Trail is by way of a substitution...

Now - being my first time & all (i'm super stoked! - waited like 4 yeras to get entry!)

I'm stuck with a clothing size that will be way to small for me....WTF?? :eek:

What are the chances that I'll find a XXL bloke that wants to swap back to XL (not to even mention my parner - he;s stuck with M clothes...)

Afterall - this is one of my bucket list ticks...and i'll cherish the S2C logo with pride...but I will not even be able to wear my hard earned apparel!!

with >months still prsent to change chlothing options...why are they so strict?

Hi

My husband wears a medium and are stuck with Large clothing if that can work for you? We'll also be at the Trail. You can contact me at dorothyrood@gmail.com if you would like to arrange a swop for you or your partner?

not fair!

I asked a legitemate question...i.e  how necessary is the use of a GPS??? i.e. will I get lost if  i do not have one...I'm well versed in the pro's / con's of using a cellphone for MTB navigation...

Let's not degrade this fred into a mud sling fest!! go to the many others where you can do that...

I did Dusi2C without one - you will be fine.  

You can follow all the other guys who are getting lost with their gps's and because you are behind them you don't have to backtrack so far when they turn around... ;-)

Sani single/double track is obvious. The only place you probably need to pay attention is when you riding on roads (through sugar cane fields etc) where the track may not be so obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to swap 2 x mens large clothing for 2 x small mens or ladies small/medium? 

Hi All,

Can any riders of previous years give any in-site for a NOOB on the below:

1) Is the bike service & maintenance package worth it? (Just thinking that you pretty buggered after riding and waste beer time cleaning and prepping your bike)

2) How do you carry all your valuable belongings each day, ie. wallet, cellphone? Do you ride with these items on you -  in camelback?

3) At the end of the race, is there a designated area to collect your keys for your car from the shuttle service?

4) Suggestions of MUST TAKE items (I know there is a list but do you need everything)?

Thanks guys

Hi All,

Can any riders of previous years give any in-site for a NOOB on the below:

1) Is the bike service & maintenance package worth it? (Just thinking that you pretty buggered after riding and waste beer time cleaning and prepping your bike)

2) How do you carry all your valuable belongings each day, ie. wallet, cellphone? Do you ride with these items on you -  in camelback?

3) At the end of the race, is there a designated area to collect your keys for your car from the shuttle service?

4) Suggestions of MUST TAKE items (I know there is a list but do you need everything)?

Thanks guys

First one last year

1)Bike wash as you get off the bike, there are plenty of guys/stands that will also assist if you have    any bike issues

2)Didnt take a wallet, just CC and some Cash. With phone into small backpack on my back

3)Yes

4)We took the bare minimum and had no issues

Finally got my entry, now let's roll!

Lekke cav, great news I'm happy you came right sorry I dropped you

Lekke cav, great news I'm happy you came right sorry I dropped you

Thanks, No worries - you tried to help (and wasn't your fault anyways!)

1) We think so, not in the mood to even wash the bike so if someone wil do that and fix any defects for money, so much the better.

2) Wallet and phone in camelback

3) no idea

4) Other than decent cycling kit, good microfibre towel, sleep kit; decent earplugs, we used disposable wax ones and one of those realy hard pillows (almost solid) cut into thirds

If anyone knows of somebody wanting to swop their clothing sizes. (Substituted)

I have Small set that I would like to swop for either L or XL on race day.

If anyone knows of somebody wanting to swop their clothing sizes. (Substituted)

I have Small set that I would like to swop for either L or XL on race day.

Pm sent

Hi

My husband wears a medium and are stuck with Large clothing

The clothing is of poor quality and shrinks in your cupboard during winter.

By the time Karoo2Coast comes around in spring you will find that the Large will fit much better than the Medium.