Kimmage Interviews Froome

Thug

The logic used to be critical of TUE's is flawed. Based on some posters, no diabetic, asthmatic or anybody else with a chronic conditions should ever be allowed to race at Elite level, which is BS.

If Froome is guilty of anything, time will tell, ask Lance. If he is clean, time will tell. My view of professional sport is that it is entertainment, along the same level as professional wrestling, it is there to entertain the masses, like box office movies, some of the participants are clean, some not, it is all about creating the specticle though. Reality has nothing to do with it.

I think most people enjoy the controversy more that actually participating or getting actively involved in physical acitvity, it is too boring for the masses.

I like you Cargyrl

Forgot to add:

It also sells books and newspapers, creating spectacles about prominent riders...give them a gap and it becomes the grand canyon

Edited by SwissVan

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry it happens a lot, you humans are on a different wave length :whistling:

What i meant was that even in a sport like cycling having good vision is critical, not so?

Just try and ride when you cannot see properly. I know i'm short sighted and wore glasses, then contacts and later had laser sugery. Once or twice long ago I represented my province in triathlon and SA at masters XCO wc while wearing contacts and after laser surgery. Without these i would not have been able to do this. I'm sure there are thousands of people including pro's in the peleton with the same situation.

SEE what i mean yet?

ah ok...get it now and again, good retort...hahaha

Maybe I can answer it this way. Given the choice between my normal self with 20/20 vision or me with the badly scratched glasses you were referring to earlier but weighing 10kg less, the smart money will be on the lighter, short sighted me when confronted with 200km tdf stage finish at the top of the tourmalet.

You guys are all quick to talk about advanowhen you don't haven't experienced sport induced asthma.

You try training as much as and more than your competition, eating right, training hard, and focusing. Then, on race day, you get dropped simply because you have a condition that makes it seem like your Lunga are slowly shrinking. I think you need to experience that feeling, and you'll quickly realise that it's certainly not a joke.

If you're on about being born with/dealt with crap, why don't you stop all paralympians from competing? If they can't run on stumps, they should stay home and watch the other guys.

It's a close minded and douchebag thought process you're on here, and one that sounds frankly medieval.

I like chris froome. He seems like far less of a CUNextTuesday thank most of the guys in the Peloton.

Michelle needs to shut the hell up too. She's not doing chris any favours and needs to learnt that it's him who's achieving, not her. Stay out of it and support him where it counts, at home.

Looking forward to Le tour!

You must have gone ballistic when Oscar competed in the London Olympics ...

Was a bit of a joke wasnt it...he didn't win either :whistling:

What stupid example, remember we are talking unfair advantage outside of the rules of the sport here. Him using the inhaler is not unfair and doesnt give him any advantage

No its not - he has genetically weak lungs compared with a non asthma sufferer.

BTW I am not really in either camp on this but it is clear that the issue is a complicated one. Where do you draw the line?

No its not - he has genetically weak lungs compared with a non asthma sufferer.

BTW I am not really in either camp on this but it is clear that the issue is a complicated one. Where do you draw the line?

we dont draw the line.

WADA draws the line. Contact lenses are allowed. Asthma inhalers are not. It may be an arbitrary line, but its the line we follow in this sport

Probably 99% of people use some performance enhancing substance in every cycle race. For some it is just a cup of coffee, or a mix of supplements, or a goo, or an asthma pump, or EPO ... or a combination of the above.

The question is where is the line that determines legal from illegal. We have Wada etc saying what is on one side of the line and what is on the other -- ie what is legal and able to be used, and what is illegal and not able to be used.

Not all substances on the banned list are performance enhancing for cycling. They can be used to mask other illegal substances ... or they could be performance enhancing for other sports -- caffeine will not help a archer, who does not need a stimulant, but an dodgy archer would rather use a beta blocker (I think it is a beta blocker) which slows his heart rate and help him aim and shoot. But beta blockers will not help a cyclist ride faster however, Wada only has one list and so both are illegal for both archers and cyclists.

Some things fall into a grey area, like asthma sufferers who may have to use a pump at some point when they are suffering from flu -- like Chris Froome who got clearance from the powers that be to use it. I do not know if his asthma pump was performance enhancing (in that if I used it it would help me cycle faster) -- probably not, or I would expected UCI to have said no.

TUE are a good way of circumventing some of the grey areas and allowing for genuine medical conditions (until they are abused). It seems Froome has only used TUEs on a very limited scale so to hang, draw and quarter him for one or two TUE is ridiculous.

This is what is generally used as chronic asthma treatment.. not a help I can't breath inhaler.

I find it odd that soneone thay has suffered from asthma for many years doesn't use it.

Perhaps the foxair or similar has a banned substance donno.. haven't needed to find out.

post-39623-0-59351900-1404218749_thumb.jpg

You guys are all quick to talk about advanowhen you don't haven't experienced sport induced asthma.

You try training as much as and more than your competition, eating right, training hard, and focusing. Then, on race day, you get dropped simply because you have a condition that makes it seem like your Lunga are slowly shrinking. I think you need to experience that feeling, and you'll quickly realise that it's certainly not a joke.

So the best athlete shouldn't win....novel idea.

Does anyone actually believe that pro-cycling is now clean post Lance? Just asking.

Eeerm.... nope

Does anyone actually believe that pro-cycling is now clean post Lance? Just asking.

Yes ,as clean as it was pre-Lance and clean as it will be post Froome's great grandkids.

Probably 99% of people use some performance enhancing substance in every cycle race. For some it is just a cup of coffee, or a mix of supplements, or a goo, or an asthma pump, or EPO ... or a combination of the above.

When I raced triathlons late 80's and early 90's, our urine was tested for caffeine, too high and you weren't allowed to start, if you were over the limit post race if they didn't test you beforehand, you were a DQ.

Who is Pro cycling? Can you say that everyone is "dirty"? Come on take a stance and stand up for your man...or not