No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

It will exclude the UCI's testing I recon, but I don't think they pop up here very often as we're not close to home and their are relatively few riders on their books out this side. They do though I have heard occasionally pop in over December when a lot of the Euro Pro's are training down in the Cape...

When Froome was here the one year, they knew he was in Jozi, he went to Durban for a few days, this he had to notify them of.

They want you every move, and they can pitch up anywhere to test you randomly.

Euro paid pro and people think they can vanish to somewhere for a few days without getting tested, will be making a big mistake.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Froome was here the one year, they knew he was in Jozi, he went to Durban for a few days, this he had to notify them of.

Euro paid pro and people think they can vanish to somewhere for a few days without getting tested, will be making a big mistake.

Yes wasn't that Rasmussen's big mistake?

Edited by Gen

Yip, the "whereabouts" program applies to all Conti level teams and up - so basically Daryl and the MTN boys from SA - http://www.uci.ch/templates/UCI/UCI2/layout.asp?MenuId=MTI1Njk

We've gone a bit off track here though - my point though is simple, riders don't get tested alot here in SA. A top local rider I would guess maybe 10 in a year would be the high end. Daryl racing overseas though could be tested a whole lot more obviously (even though he barely a top 100 rider) - the three tests in three days though sounds a lot like targeted testing, likely due to something showing up on his passport - not anything to set off a red flag, but something they would want to investigate.

Yes wasn't that Rasmussen's big mistake?

Yup, the whereabouts lie. He was supposed to have been in Mexico. Rabo fired him, then the Danish fed banned him.

Yip, the "whereabouts" program applies to all Conti level teams and up - so basically Daryl and the MTN boys from SA - http://www.uci.ch/te...?MenuId=MTI1Njk

We've gone a bit off track here though - my point though is simple, riders don't get tested alot here in SA. A top local rider I would guess maybe 10 in a year would be the high end. Daryl racing overseas though could be tested a whole lot more obviously (even though he barely a top 100 rider) - the three tests in three days though sounds a lot like targeted testing, likely due to something showing up on his passport - not anything to set off a red flag, but something they would want to investigate.

I think you are missing the point.

Daryl and the S.A. riders won't fall under the same testing criteria.

Just because he happens to be in S.A. and they are slack at testing riders, he would not fall under the same criteria.

I think you are missing the point.

Daryl and the S.A. riders won't fall under the same testing criteria.

Just because he happens to be in S.A. and they are slack at testing riders, he would not fall under the same criteria.

Is that not what I said?

"Daryl racing overseas though could be tested a whole lot more obviously (even though he is barely a top 100 rider) - the three tests in three days though sounds a lot like targeted testing..."

For 2014 there is only 12 SA riders in the registered testing pool of the UCI. This means they have to provide whereabouts in terms of ADAMS program. No mountain bikers on the list.

Is that not what I said?

"Daryl racing overseas though could be tested a whole lot more obviously (even though he is barely a top 100 rider) - the three tests in three days though sounds a lot like targeted testing..."

Three tests in three days is pretty standard.

Those guys get tested at random as the organisation pleases.

For 2014 there is only 12 SA riders in the registered testing pool of the UCI. This means they have to provide whereabouts in terms of ADAMS program. No mountain bikers on the list.

Not even at Sani2c???

Remember everyone can get tested but riders on the list must provide whereabouts and update whereabouts on WADA website.

It's obviously disappointing but puzzling as well.

If you've been doping with a cocktail that included a relatively easily detected "masking" substance, why have your B sample tested? Innocent or dof?

People, I see a lot of guys said that a Pro cyclist must know what goes into his body. But think rationally for a moment. Put yourself in his shoes. One can let the team doctor check any medicine he takes. But there is no way you can check everything you eat or drink. Is it really rational to test every meal and every drink that they take on a daily basis in a lab for the extensive list of agents on WADA and UCI's list of banned substances. I am not saying he is innocent, but let us not burn him at the stake like in the middle ages just because someone said he practice witchcraft.

This whole thing is becoming ridiculous. Soon these cyclists won't be able to eat or drink anything at all. Hell, I used medication for arthritis before every surfski race I did to counter the pain in my left shoulder, but still came DFL most of the time. Should I have been tested and banned from racing? I am sure if any of us gets tested we will be found to contain halve of the stuff on the banned substances list.

Edited by Moridin