No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

I can't believe the I don't know how it got there. Bull S***. That has been the go too answer for every busted cyclist in the last 20 years. What will it take for cyclists to grow up and realize their "beautiful" sport is so far from drug free it's scary. Benefit of the doubt,u say? Nope, in a professional world that does not exist. Even if he took it for legit reasons he is required to get a TUE.which he doesn't have and therefore is in poop. I say let them dope openly, they will be faster ,stronger,harder and much more fun to watch.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the I don't know how it got there. Bull S***. That has been the go too answer for every busted cyclist in the last 20 years. What will it take for cyclists to grow up and realize their "beautiful" sport is so far from drug free it's scary. Benefit of the doubt,u say? Nope, in a professional world that does not exist. Even if he took it for legit reasons he is required to get a TUE.which he doesn't have and therefore is in poop. I say let them dope openly, they will be faster ,stronger,harder and much more fun to watch.

I will wait before I comment on Daryl's situation until final decision is given but it does not look good. Only way they can stop the guys will be if they penalize them financially

I will wait before I comment on Daryl's situation until final decision is given but it does not look good. Only way they can stop the guys will be if they penalize them financially

Not even that will work, LIFE ban from all involvement in sport.....any sport. Would do the trick methinks.

Interesting facts

Pedro Delgado tested positive for Probenecid at 1988 while he was in the Yellow Jersey, but didn’t face sanctioning as it wasn’t on WADA’s banned substance at that time (although it was banned by the IOC). Stefano Garzelli tested positive for Probenecid in 2002 and received a nine month ban.

In the lead-up to the Tour de France there have been three prominent riders sidelined in the past week: Diego Ulissi (for salbutamol), Roman Kreuziger (bio passport irregularities) and now Daryl Impey.

This time I really hope there is a huge ballsup somewhere. I did not see this 1 coming............

yeah, like find out and prove that it was someone else's samples and not his. Unfortunately highly unlikely

This is exactly the wrong mindset.

Instead, we need to provide sports with incentives and measures to discourage unhealthy, unnecessary, risky medical intervention – so that those who want to compete clean have a venue where they can have a decent chance. This is why many sports bodies, including ALL that are affiliated with the IOC (directly or indirectly), are signed up to the WADA Code. Maybe it would be better for viewing to watch these "superhumans" climbing the Alpe in 31 minutes, but at the end of the day, what about those that want to compete clean? Where do they go when they want to abide by the laws of the governing bodies?

Edit:Spelling

Edited by StevieL

Not even that will work, LIFE ban from all involvement in sport.....any sport. Would do the trick methinks.

Start punishing the teams heavily. . Take their racing license. Or go Cape Epic route..you get bust.. you are not welcome

the risk is not high enough.. the riders serve bans and come back and do it all over again.

Start punishing the teams heavily. . Take their racing license. Or go Cape Epic route..you get bust.. you are not welcome

the risk is not high enough.. the riders serve bans and come back and do it all over again.

I think you right Gen....its all down to consequence....and the team should share this with the rider.

Exactly, tbh I think the authorities know that if they took up the zero tolerance life time ban situation how many years before professional sport as we know it today will be extinct...?

On a tangent, say Daryl went the contaminated supplement route…is this substance ever used in sports supplements? What schedule drug is it in SA? Would it have to prescribed?

On a tangent, say Daryl went the contaminated supplement route…is this substance ever used in sports supplements? What schedule drug is it in SA? Would it have to prescribed?

I could be wrong, but my guess would be that they will go down the route of an antibiotic or penicillin.

The hub judges, jury and executioners as well as the professors have not been able to answer my question a few pages back.

Its easier to pick up the pitchforks and quote selectively from one another, than to actually read avery single post that gets made.

Like you said earlier....this and the lab cocking up might be his only defence strategies...Both are long shots.