No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

Start punishing the teams heavily. . Take their racing license. Or go Cape Epic route..you get bust.. you are not welcome

the risk is not high enough.. the riders serve bans and come back and do it all over again.

Very intriguing point

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you said earlier....this and the lab cocking up might be his only defence strategies...Both are long shots.

Wonder if it is really his pee they tested. . He should have a DNA test done on the pee.

This shouldn't be a fight to get him off.. that's as bad as cheating in itself.. this should be a fight where if he did nada the lab goes.. bugger we screwed up, it's our fault. Cause honestly I don't see how else if he did nothing wrong it could turn up a positive.

He learnt of the A sample positive last Monday - after the Commonwealth announcement - and then the B sample was tested last Friday.

Funny that the A sample took so many months to test, but the B sample less that a week????

Wonder if it is really his pee they tested. . He should have a DNA test done on the pee.

This shouldn't be a fight to get him off.. that's as bad as cheating in itself.. this should be a fight where if he did nada the lab goes.. bugger we screwed up, it's our fault. Cause honestly I don't see how else if he did nothing wrong it could turn up a positive.

Agree...also why I think its a long shot. I mean look at Bertie blaming a piece of steak...that's all he had to work with but in the end the court saw through the BS and he got his ban.

On the topic of how long it took to get the test result to DI: I don't think that it has much bearing on his innocence/guilt, but I do think it is very unfair on DI, because:

1.) Due to the timing, he does not get to ride the TdF regardless of whether he is innocent or not.

2.) There might be facts that he has forgotten due to the delay that might be important to proving his innocence.

A person doing the testing died.

What is your source for this?

Certain manufacturers will guarantee that their supplements are free from any contamination or doping products.

On the topic of how long it took to get the test result to DI: I don't think that it has much bearing on his innocence/guilt, but I do think it is very unfair on DI, because:

1.) Due to the timing, he does not get to ride the TdF regardless of whether he is innocent or not.

2.) There might be facts that he has forgotten due to the delay that might be important to proving his innocence.

What is your source for this?

Apparently it has been mentioned by SAIDS ....

"Dont understand why SAIDS took so long to release the results. They tested him at SA Champs on 6 Feb, then the lab assistant died in March (their excuse), so what did they do with the results in Apr, May, June ... Why sit on it to a week before TDF?

WTF?"

Certain manufacturers will guarantee that their supplements are free from any contamination or doping products.

Frames and wheels have to be UCI approved.Surely they can then bring out a list of approved supplement manufacturers.

Yeah, the sceptic in me says it's publicity-seeking by Khalid Galant. The timing, just ahead of the Tour, and all that that brings with it.

Well at least it allowed DI to race right up untill now.

Delaying it any longer would have been a bigger crime, imagine the fall out on OGE and DI if it came out after the TDF and DI / OGE lost some stage wins etc...?

now we're talking

The more I think of it the better it sounds to me.. it's just too easy for the teams.. all they do is replace doper with one that hasn't been caught. .it's business as usual for them, they still get to compete. Yeah it may be bad for the clean riders, but tough.. life isn't always fair.

The financial complications must be so heavy (no ride = no exposure for team = loss of income=sponsors pull out) the team that they will think twice about who they employ or the manner in which they do things.

Edited by Gen

Well at least it allowed DI to race right up untill now.

Delaying it any longer would have been a bigger crime, imagine the fall out on OGE and DI if it came out after the TDF and DI / OGE lost some stage wins etc...?

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that the result should be delayed further. Just that ideally it should have not been delayed at all.

The more I think of it the better it sounds to me.. it's just to easy for the teams.. all they do is replace doper with one that hasn't been caught. .it's business as usual for them, they still get to compete. Yeah it may be bad for the clean riders, but tough.. life isn't always fair.

The financial complications must be so heavy (no ride = no exposure for team = loss of income=sponsors pull out) the team that they will think twice about who they employ or the manner in which they do things.

Over and above, there will then be incentive for them to keep the team clean, doing their own tests more frequently on their own riders since its in their interest to do so.

Over and above, there will then be incentive for them to keep the team clean, doing their own tests more frequently on their own riders since its in their interest to do so.

I kind of like the sentiment, but punishing innocent people just for being in the same team as a doper.... Lawyers gonna have a field day....