Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be doing a recce of the whole race starting on the 16th June, anyone welcome to join.

You don't mind if I start a bit earlier ? 

Not at all, we need a big Komando to hunt  the Ingilse down.......

Pasop. Die blerrie Ingelse lees ook die thread....

Guest Frail4Life

Not at all, we need a big Komando to hunt  the Ingilse down.......

Here I was getting Bored!

Hunting?

When?

Just had a look at freedomchallenge.org.za.

Quite astounded at the number of people riding this year - seems to be a full house, I count about 67 to Rhodes and another 49 to Paarl.

I am seriously feeling like I am missing out with all the old faces in there too.

The only consolation is that the more people the more daily drama for us siting behind keyboards.

Very chuffed to see so many new people getting the gees and at the same time seeing seeing people like Marnitz still so excited after so many years.

What an event!

PS: I think Marnitz is the only one who qualifies to smack talk, for the rest of us mortals the trail has a way of settling the score of any over confidence

PS: I think Marnitz is the only one who qualifies to smack talk, for the rest of us mortals the trail has a way of settling the score of any over confidence

What he said.

OK let's go ahead and book this recce trip to Centocow.

What are the final numbers? 

Can we confirm Sat 23 May - Sun 24 May?

Ryan, anything I can assist with?

Yip - learn the route and carry my bag. Sharp!  :thumbup:

Noted. Smartarse ;)

Now, anything I can assist with in terms of making the bookings, making payments, logistics, etc...?

Come, let's make this thing happen now. Otherwise, my itchiness is going to force me to book a solo ride soon.

Noted. Smartarse ;)

Now, anything I can assist with in terms of making the bookings, making payments, logistics, etc...?

Come, let's make this thing happen now. Otherwise, my itchiness is going to force me to book a solo ride soon.

Just waiting for Monark and GrantC to confirm since my last post. Race office is on stand by to book...

Once booked we can individually pay the race office and then organise logistics.

Back again for some more !!!

Teamed up with Soutie Stuart Roos & Boertjie Ivor Jones, let's see what the mixed Boere and one Soutie bulldozing  train can achieve.....

This might be my last year racing, but I might be back in years to come for some more wonderful experiences !!!!

Just hope to see Lehana aka David Waddilove sweat on the trail, and if I can get in front of him I will definitely sow the seeds of love......and pain.....

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

All the best for the rest of you !!! 

marnitz back for more freedom...it's a dance as old as time itself.

Just waiting for Monark and GrantC to confirm since my last post. Race office is on stand by to book...

Once booked we can individually pay the race office and then organise logistics.

Definitely in for 23-24 May

Already got all the bits and bobs for my map board that I am going to make

Archived