Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like he's good for this cutoff, should see Hofmeyer lights any minute . Well done Pierre! Maybe this will help settle him into a nice daily rhythm from here, lots more "normal" riding and fewer tricky navigation sections. Hang in there Pierre! Be proud man, you've done superbly so far!

Next cutoff is Willowmore at 19 days. Leaves 6 riding days to cover the next +- 650km.

Then final cutoff 26 days in Diemers, 7 days to complete the last 650km.

Pressure will be on but he should be settling into a riding routine now and there's enough time left. Great effort.

He really should aim for Stuttgart tomorrow, fit for a king support station! A pretty flat 117km, +-1000m ascent and only Elandsberg portage where there will by now be lots of tracks to help him through quickly.

#GoPierre

This race has always had me envious of those taking part but this year , for me, it is all about the Dirtman.  I just hope he hangs in there just as I am hanging in following him!  What a champ he is.  Go Dirt, you are already a winner!

Great to see him safely in at Hofmeyr. 

With so many people cheering for Dirty, I doubt he'll have the heart to not finish ... GO PIERRE!!!

Dirtrider almost in at Elandsberg. Late breakfast, then onwards to Stuttgard - great riding there Pierre, keep it up!

dirt-rider having a great day! Nailed the tricky Elandsberg portage navigation and going on to Stuttgart which he should reach early. :clap: 

Good opportunity for him to recharge his batteries.

Tim James and Andrew Barnes spending the night under the same roof tonight?

both at romansfontein,probably my favourite stop on the trail. Mind games at play, but I see them spending the next 2 nights at the same place again. Stuttgart, toekomst.then who knows

ok another lead change at the sharp end! this one was negotiated round the dinner table at romansfontein. not sure if any mind games were employed.

Barnes at Romansfontein, Tim on his way

MkBJ8fsz_bigger.jpeg

In Romansfontein 8:20 pm last night Left 12:30 am Now heading for Hofmeyer

Andrew Barnes dropping down the Aasvoelberg after another good night's sleep. Left Romansfontein at 5am

Dirt-rider on top of the Schufterburg portage. One of the most beautiful places on the trail. You can see the world from up there! There's a big group of riders just at the start of the portage(about 1hr back) and hopefully he can use them to help him into Grootdam today.

Dirt-man on top of the Schufterburg portage. One of the most beautiful places on the trail. You can see the world from up there! There's a big group of riders just at the start of the portage(about 1hr back) and hopefully he can use them to help him into Grootdam today.

His next cut-off is Willomwore? And he's got 4 days to get there?

Archived