Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna track down a bobble head of a metal head, take it to the sherif and have it fitted to your favorite carbon. Don't have to thank me :D

Might not be a good idea....Sheriff might steal it....as far as I recall he collects bobble heads .

Might not be a good idea....Sheriff might steal it....as far as I recall he collects bobble heads .

i have my sister in HK looking out for a Bruce Lee one for him - shhhh don't tell hm.

oh .. and Lurch is getting a spanky new pink wheelset - woooohooo, with Hello Kitty. 

Edited by Uni

Tell her to look for one of Wyatt Earp as well ;)

I somehow doubt Wyatt Earp made it far enough into Asian popular culture for anyone in HK to know who that is:(

I somehow doubt Wyatt Earp made it far enough into Asian popular culture for anyone in HK to know who that is:(

Ok, ok, a generic cowboy then ;)

Today in SA history: 

Tuesday, 4 December 2001

Former South African first lady, Marike de Klerk, was found murdered at her luxury beachfront apartment in Cape Town. The ex-wife of former South African president F.W. de Klerk was stabbed from behind and strangled to death. Her death shocked the nation and the world. Luyanda Mboniswa, a security guard at the complex accused of her murder, pleaded not guilty to all charges levelled against him. Though Mboniswa later alleged in court that the killing was masterminded by De Klerk's dance teacher, Justice Hlope ruled that there was no such evidence to sustain the claim. Mboniswa was found guilty on counts of housebreaking, robbery and murder by Judge President Hlope. 

- See more at: http://www.sahistory.org.za/dated-event/marike-de-klerk-found-murdered#sthash.YC57FfD4.dpuf

Wasn't there a joke about "FW en 'n jags Griek" after he'd left her?  

Who remembers when weekends were all about putting your feet up and doing nothing?

That's what I plan to do. So that'll be 21 feet being put up in my household :-) 

Up to 2004, the company I was with at the time used an overhead projector to show presentations at monthly management meetings.

We used the colour laser copier to print our powerpoint "slides" and then project using the 80's icon. The FD figured it was cheaper than a modern day projector. It's fine when you're presenting static info, but when we did "what if" analysis on data it would be rendered useless. That's when he buckled under pressure to electronic.

We used to put Pritt under the mirror glass before lectures.  The prof would then spend 20mins trying to focus the thing, before he gave up and went off to find another projector.  Cue half the class off to the cafeteria.....

We used to put Pritt under the mirror glass before lectures.  The prof would then spend 20mins trying to focus the thing, before he gave up and went off to find another projector.  Cue half the class off to the cafeteria.....

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

We did that to Mr Flynn's glasses once. It was hilarious when he put them on, could see less than normal, then tried to wipe them with his shirt, which then got stuck to the glasses.

We have 3 book exchanges here in our dorpie.

We've found some gems there but mostly there are a lot of Mills and Boons[emoji30]

Back in the early '80's I discovered my Dad's stash of Harold Robbins books.  I only ever read the dodgy parts, and being an F1 fan, "The Betsy" was always the one I liked.  About a year ago I found a copy at a small book exchange for R5 so I decided to read it cover to cover (something I had never done).  I couldn't believe how tame it was, until I discovered to my disgust it was the "expurgated version".  Into the bin it went!

Back in the early '80's I discovered my Dad's stash of Harold Robbins books.  I only ever read the dodgy parts, and being an F1 fan, "The Betsy" was always the one I liked.  About a year ago I found a copy at a small book exchange for R5 so I decided to read it cover to cover (something I had never done).  I couldn't believe how tame it was, until I discovered to my disgust it was the "expurgated version".  Into the bin it went!

I knew guys who would dog-ear pages of Wilbur Smith books in which things got raunchy. I never found his description of that part of a womsn's body as "a triangle of sex" very appealing.