Urban MTB Assalt

fastlegs

Can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet, unless they have.

But was it the Urban Assault or Urban Assalt ?

Someone begged earlier for the topic header to be changed.. Think the Assalt was hurting his eyes :D

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet, unless they have.

But was it the Urban Assault or Urban Assalt ?

I saw tears of sodium chloride. (That's asalt)

Had a great day out , no complaints.

How was that section that looked like little Beirut!!

If that is part of the famous spruit i would **** myself to ride through there alone.

Hello HUBbers!

Just a final(ish) note from me, the organisers and Hollard...

We wanted to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who rode and gave us feedback about the event (either in person or on this hallowed forum!).

We have acknowledged that water points and bottlenecks were definitely a problem, along with a few other things. These are very fixable problems and we’re going to pull out all the stops to make sure we improve year on year. We’re all just excited that you experienced what we wanted you to - the most unique MTB race in JHB - and an event that celebrated our “biggest man-made forest in the world”!

Oh, and the black market trade in Hollard Bells is quite amusing. Can you ring a medal? Ha! Perhaps we’ll run a poll next year for a “unique” finishers gift.

Thanks again, keep an eye on the social media channels for videos and pictures. Make sure you check out our coverage on SuperSport. SS8. 10 November 2014 at 20h30.

And a final note, due to the success of the event: Hollard, the race organisers, as well as some other interested parties, are soon going to be looking into more ways to improve and sustain the Spruit going forward. That's a win all round.

See you on the trails!

#TEAMJUMA

Check out: https://www.facebook.com/HollardInsurance

Check out: https://www.facebook.com/urbanMTB

-- Andy

Hello HUBbers!

Just a final(ish) note from me, the organisers and Hollard...

We wanted to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who rode and gave us feedback about the event (either in person or on this hallowed forum!).

We have acknowledged that water points and bottlenecks were definitely a problem, along with a few other things. These are very fixable problems and we’re going to pull out all the stops to make sure we improve year on year. We’re all just excited that you experienced what we wanted you to - the most unique MTB race in JHB - and an event that celebrated our “biggest man-made forest in the world”!

Oh, and the black market trade in Hollard Bells is quite amusing. Can you ring a medal? Ha! Perhaps we’ll run a poll next year for a “unique” finishers gift.

Thanks again, keep an eye on the social media channels for videos and pictures. Make sure you check out our coverage on SuperSport. SS8. 10 November 2014 at 20h30.

And a final note, due to the success of the event: Hollard, the race organisers, as well as some other interested parties, are soon going to be looking into more ways to improve and sustain the Spruit going forward. That's a win all round.

See you on the trails!

#TEAMJUMA

Check out: https://www.facebook.com/HollardInsurance

Check out: https://www.facebook.com/urbanMTB

-- Andy

:thumbup:

If you run a poll, people will complain about the poll entries!

Soz....thought Escapee was getting yours :blush:

You think anyone gets anything out of THAT guy??

I did..but it was getting late, so I drank it

Guest Travis.

I did..but it was getting late, so I drank it

That's not very nice.

@Wyatt Earp I hear your point. When I ride a 40km training ride I take 2 water botles and am ok.

But my point is also valid- If Eqstra can have 2/3 water points for a 23km race, then Juma can have 2 for a 53km race. That is all I am saying. Especially on the latter half, when it is hotter, one is more tired, and it is uphill. Just makes sense to me that is all. I assumed this, and hence only took 1 bottle and that was not enough. Now I know to assume nothing even for R350.

I enjoyed the race and hope to do it again next year with more skill and fitness and more experience of what races are all about.

+1

+1

Not defending the lack of water points or running out of water.

But..... at no point, anywhere, in a suburban event. Did no one see the opportunity for a tap to use? 

Archived