Urban MTB Assalt

fastlegs

I was wondering whether anyone ended up in the dam. Those life savers (abound 10 of them) looked really bored...

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small query about the results. I know of a few people who started in my group for the 52k and chose to change to the 22 at the split. According to racetec, they completed the 52 , but in incredible times. Will this not result in some dodgy seedings going forward?

My favourite part of the event was seeing the guy backflip a wheelie right at the finish. it was a showboating effort of note..

Thanks for the entertainment.... you flipped like a champ...

Guest Travis.

Soz....thought Escapee was getting yours :blush:

You think anyone gets anything out of THAT guy??

Haven't seen anyone mention the awesome mud guards!  Worked amazingly well.  Haven't seen one before at a race and thought it worked amazingly well.

You think anyone gets anything out of THAT guy??

He knew he couldnt hold enough for you to drink your fill. :D 

Can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet, unless they have.

But was it the Urban Assault or Urban Assalt ?

I think it actually turned out to be adventure.

Pretty much agree with everyone's feedback so far.

• Water Points. I had a 2l camelbak which was near empty at the scout hall jumps on the spruit.

Well done to the team that set up the private waterpoint there!! You guys are epic!!,

• Bottlenecks.

Inexperienced riders walking over obstacles and up ramps that you can ride no problems. Definitely need B lines or stairs for these riders.

• Bell? I'd also rather have had a medal.
That said, I actually loved the Atomic tunnel, riding in the dark was epic fun!

I thought the course obstacles were sufficiently varied for most riders, making it feel like a Warrior challenge on wheels.

The atmosphere was very enjoyable, especially the heckling of the XC guys and those queue jumping :D

In all I had a great time! Will definitely do it again next year.

PS: If I wheelied past you on a couple of those long uphills, sorry :P

aaah I have a conffesion to make.im the guy who was on the black and red ghost...I behaved after that realising that was the first of many and did all my passing legally.specially on the climbs...hope to meet under different circumstances next time.

Awesome event. I enjoyed the challenges and surprised myself on some of the drop offs (I usually chicken out). Would have liked to have received a medal instead of a little purple bell, but otherwise great event and well organised for a first time. I will frame my number board of proof that I completed the 22km.

Advanced appologies if i missed it in a previous comment but...

WTF was with that purple ramp towards the

end, I saw its height and knew i didn't have the legs to take it on, but in front of me was a lady walking away from it with a broken collarbone and there were 4 or 5 people that i saw behind me that tried it and bailed really bad.

Does it make a great photo op to see people getting hurt? Why not put it earlier in the race when people have fresh legs and more importantly are concentrating rather than being dehydrated and legless.

agreed! was on a slight climb aswell which was terrible...sure alot of people got hurt there. guy in front of me made it and his reaction told me there was no down ramp so was able to get a few strong kicks In and a nice tale whip...am keen for that photo.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet, unless they have.

But was it the Urban Assault or Urban Assalt ?

Hollard wouldn't sponsor either othose so it was changed to Adventure.

Hollard wouldn't sponsor either othose so it was changed to Adventure.

This is Joburg, we're aggressive people here, "assault" was a perfect fit ;)

Archived