Ladies Your Help Please

rad006

Specialized have got a nice range of ladies shorts, starting at under R1000. I am saving up to get some of the SL pro bib shorts (R1899) as they are extremely comfortable. Bought the baggies recently which are too die for as they are super comfy and don't show all the curves (lycra shorts only work if you have the figure to wear them). I will never buy Assos shorts again. Have had issues with stitching coming undone and also find they wear really easily.

I have two of these for sale (the wider width, think its 153) if anyone wants. so many ladies raved about them, but they don't work for me at all.

How much randelas would it take to part with one of the saddles

Have a look at the Cube ladies specific shorts.

My wife will now not ride in anything else and all the friends that bought them now only wear them.

I dont know the details between other brands, but they all swear by the Cube

Forgot to add, I've got a couple of sets of anatomic bibs, and quite happy with them as well.

Any specific reason you don't want to go that route? Just out of curiosity.

I've only used cheaper shorts and I thought if I want her to be serious I think its time I spend the big moola... So maybe I will do a combo now of shorts and saddle... Tx for the advise

Im happy with my standard specialized phenom saddle that came with the bike. Its hard, but very comfortable, even though it is not ladies specific. Most comfy shorts are my vanderkitten a la aliexpress cheapos !

Edited by blondeonabike

If you are starting out on a budget and you want her to stick with the sport then my 2 C

Ladies specific Saddle as already mentioned. I don't know what other shops offer it but Specilaized shops can measure her seat bones for width of saddle and usually have test saddles available for her to ride and see.

There will be discomfort until she gets saddle fit to a degree unfortunately.

Anatomic make some great bibs for ladies and for the price you can't go wrong, next to my Gel Firstascent Bib (which they don't make anymore) they are the best value for money I own. Plus the zip at the back makes the call of nature that much easier!

Alternatively nothing wrong with shorts initially as she will feel more relaxed wearing them - it's only later that she may consider the bib option. I have a Craft pair which were R600 at Cyclelab and work well.

Last time I checked I am a lady. I prefer to ride with bibs, they fit better. But a lot of ladies prefer to ride with no-bib shorts, either way is good I guess.

Currently I am riding with Santini, waiting for more money to try out the Nalini range, you could also consider a unisex short/bib, also confortable.

Just checked out the Pearl Izumi Shorts, I would definitely go for the more expensive one of the two, cheaper is cheaper and not better.

Good quality chamois cream is a must and needless to say, no undies under the bib/shorts, because chaffing is the ride killer.

And I agree with previous post, ladies specific saddle and correct bike fit, will also go a long way.

Hey!

Bike Plus in Constantia have some really awesome, ladies specific bibs and shorts.

Bibs are Mandragoria - nice and supportive around the mid-riff.

Shorts are Pictor - Gel technology in the chamois - supportive front of shorts, wide comfort elastic.

Hope you get sorted!