Unhappy with service from Concept Cyclery Cedar Square

Jeepdude

I find it sad (certainly predictable) that the retailer has chosen not to respond on this thread. There is NO chance that they are not aware of this matter, and instead of choosing to say "OK, guys, my bad, we will rectify this whole thing and sort it out because, hey, you the customers do aCTUALLY pay for stuff" they remain resolutely clammed up, hoping it will all go away. Boycott the store - maybe Spez will pull their license or something.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it sad (certainly predictable) that the retailer has chosen not to respond on this thread. There is NO chance that they are not aware of this matter, and instead of choosing to say "OK, guys, my bad, we will rectify this whole thing and sort it out because, hey, you the customers do aCTUALLY pay for stuff" they remain resolutely clammed up, hoping it will all go away. Boycott the store - maybe Spez will pull their license or something.

Just a thought but it would seem 'we' couldn't even 'close/boycott' a store selling blatantly fake Pinarellos :whistling:

eish, shocking! Saw the store at Cedar the other day when I was there, and glad i stuck to window shopping without going in.

This is the same Ricky that (used to?) run the modderfontein park?

Its quite simple, the seller is guilty of misrepresentation and the contract could be cancelled for a full refund.

This seems a bit strange - I've met Ricky on numerous occasions and he's always struck me as a stand up kinda guy. I'm not a bit fan of the stores (I'm a bit "blue collar" for them) but Ricky the man has always been straight up and decent.

Let's hope this gets resolved in a win-win way for all concerned...

OP any word from Ricky ?

hope he makes contact soon to try to redeem his and the companys reputation !

As for the Moddertfontein connection, look at the latest threads on the topic.

Apparently the place had degenerated to a complete hole at the beginning of the year. It was taken over by Ride Free and the trail/facilities look

unbelievable now.

And as a matter of interest....Nancy is selling a brand new X0 crank for R3500. She is Cape Town...and if she says its new...its new!

As for the Moddertfontein connection, look at the latest threads on the topic.

Apparently the place had degenerated to a complete hole at the beginning of the year. It was taken over by Ride Free and the trail/facilities look

unbelievable now.

C'mon oke. Give credit where credit is due - if it wasn't for Ricky's initial work Modderfontein would not exist at all.

Also - the summer rains did most of the damage to the park. There was a fair amount of neglect but the summer rains trashed the place properlike.

C'mon oke. Give credit where credit is due - if it wasn't for Ricky's initial work Modderfontein would not exist at all.

Also - the summer rains did most of the damage to the park. There was a fair amount of neglect but the summer rains trashed the place properlike.

To be fair, the trails were great when I first rode them. But you can read the disappointing posts for yourself about the condition at the beginning of this year. People I ride with also stopped riding the trail because of the bad condition and general neglect (no signage has nothing to do with the rains).

To his credit, he did a great job to start with. But somewhere along the way the effort stopped. Under new management the trails/facilities are immaculate. I just hope they stay that way.

To his credit, he did a great job to start with. But somewhere along the way the effort stopped. Under new management the trails/facilities are immaculate. I just hope they stay that way.

Yup - can't argue with that.

Sheesh man, this is so rediculous! I can't believe guys pull crap like this. Blatant fraud.

I'm all for turning the other cheek, but not when paying for "new" bike parts at what is still even at discount prices, top dollar.

An email response from unknown person questioned wether we had in fact communicated with the standers and claimed they will be traveling together whence he will question them about the validity of our claims.

So I have read all the flaming about this. Perhaps some of you keyboard pushers must first get the whole story before you make claims about people and stores. So here it goes. I think its time Bertus and his friend tell the whole story and not half the story. You mention this email in your post but your forget to mention that this was the second email (1st 07/09 2nd 07/11) you received and on both occasions your friend was ask for his address so that they can collect the crank and reimburse if the cranks are as per pic they also explain perhaps what happened. Till today they still haven't received the address. All they getting is I want my R500. So perhaps Bertus you should get your friend to contact the store and let them collect the cranks and reimburse him and apologies for putting this on a Forum which nine out of ten times goes all pear shaped.

So I have read all the flaming about this. Perhaps some of you keyboard pushers must first get the whole story before you make claims about people and stores. So here it goes. I think its time Bertus and his friend tell the whole story and not half the story. You mention this email in your post but your forget to mention that this was the second email (1st 07/09 2nd 07/11) you received and on both occasions your friend was ask for his address so that they can collect the crank and reimburse if the cranks are as per pic they also explain perhaps what happened. Till today they still haven't received the address. All they getting is I want my R500. So perhaps Bertus you should get your friend to contact the store and let them collect the cranks and reimburse him and apologies for putting this on a Forum which nine out of ten times goes all pear shaped.

Its not in us to wait for the whole story....maybe ricky can come and give his side, he does have a hub profile afterall...

Until then bertus's version is all we have to go on.

on a Forum which nine out of ten times goes all pear shaped.

I have had THOUSANDS of dealings on the Hub with selling and buying used items. As long as you are honest and don't pull the dam from the duck, you should have only heart shaped dealings.