Another bike jacking

Meezo

Really....

http://www.peoplespost.co.za/171428/news-details/cyclist-injured-in-plumstead-robbery

[http://www]

CYCLIST INJURED IN PLUMSTEAD ROBBERY

By Web Editor

Photo : Supplied

2014-07-31 14:30

Cyclists are warned to avoid training alone after a cyclist was shoved and robbed of his bicycle in Plumstead on Thursday morning.

According to a police report, this is the third incident in just two weeks.

Diep River police spokesperson Warrant Officer Keith Chandler says at 05:20 the cyclist was training along Plumstead Main Road when he was approached by two men who shoved him off his bike.

“After his fall they rushed to him and took his heart rate monitor and his bicycle. The suspects then fled in an unknown light-coloured vehicle,” he says.

Chandler says the man sustained back injuries and bruises.

Anyone with information on the incident is asked to phone Warrant Officer John Tayler on (021)7107360.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one have statistics as to how many bikes are getting stolen in the greater Capetown area per week now?

Must be reaching quite epic proportions, the thing that I want to know is where are they are going, bikes especially expensive ones aren't household goods like Tv's/fridges etc that everybody needs, the market for 2hnd bikes of dodgy origins can't be that big?

I for one would glady contribute to a fund that can employ a private investigator or someone with investigation skills to get to the bottom of this. As Skylark said the market for 2nd hand bikes aren't that big that if a stolen bike is sold that the cycling community won't pick up on it.

Guest dirkieuys

This is really scary now. Gets me so effen worked up that people can do this to other people. Popo should organise a sting op or infiltrate the syndicate or something. This has to stop.

I for one would glady contribute to a fund that can employ a private investigator or someone with investigation skills to get to the bottom of this. As Skylark said the market for 2nd hand bikes aren't that big that if a stolen bike is sold that the cycling community won't pick up on it.

You got me also in on that PI idea

This off Facebook (Bicycle Cape Town)

Bike Hijacked - here's Gideon's story. "I have been cycling for over three years in cape town. However this morning I was knocked off my bike by two thugs in a white Nissan Almera. Their aim was my bike. The passenger calmly got out of the car and grabbed my bike and the drove off with the bike outside the window. It was on Main road towards Tokai".

This is the 3rd incident in 2 weeks

So guys, we're looking for a white Nissan Almera first off ...

This make me sick. Seriously??

That's why I cant cycle early morning.

I'd rather cycle with traffic... :(

And thay white Nissan mentioned a lot I think but police do nothing!!!!!

Its a joke. One of these days insurance companies are going to insist on some tracking device in the frame

Silly season around the corner........money needed to climb the social ladder with the "in-crowd".........the size of your rims and loudness of your car stereo determines your status........

Be careful out there peoples.........don't advertise that you are riding an expensive bike by (say for example) dressing up the part. Blend in and look similar to the rest.

(need to go now and blend in - enjoy gjou se Fridaai nou tjomma)