be safe out there guys

Really....

http://www.peoplespo...umstead-robbery

[http://www]

CYCLIST INJURED IN PLUMSTEAD ROBBERY

By Web Editor

Photo : Supplied

2014-07-31 14:30

Cyclists are warned to avoid training alone after a cyclist was shoved and robbed of his bicycle in Plumstead on Thursday morning.

According to a police report, this is the third incident in just two weeks.

Diep River police spokesperson Warrant Officer Keith Chandler says at 05:20 the cyclist was training along Plumstead Main Road when he was approached by two men who shoved him off his bike.

“After his fall they rushed to him and took his heart rate monitor and his bicycle. The suspects then fled in an unknown light-coloured vehicle,” he says.

Chandler says the man sustained back injuries and bruises.

Anyone with information on the incident is asked to phone Warrant Officer John Tayler on (021)7107360.

hopefully the HR monitor had built in gps and was dynamically uploading it to strava/whatnot so we can see where their hideout is and BURN

how the hell can you cycle in groups. Everyone I used to cycle with now have their own time to ride. So i ride alone!! Unfortunately if I am a target then so be it, but I aint giving up without a fight

F#ck the people that are stealing/hijacking bikes. Excuse my poor language but they are scum of the earth. I don't care what their reasons are for stealing a bike, they deserve a good beating and/or a bullet and/or a long time in jail. F#ck 'em.

how the hell can you cycle in groups. Everyone I used to cycle with now have their own time to ride. So i ride alone!! Unfortunately if I am a target then so be it, but I aint giving up without a fight

It will be hard to make up a group seeing as every second person have been robbed of their bike

This off Facebook (Bicycle Cape Town)

Bike Hijacked - here's Gideon's story. "I have been cycling for over three years in cape town. However this morning I was knocked off my bike by two thugs in a white Nissan Almera. Their aim was my bike. The passenger calmly got out of the car and grabbed my bike and the drove off with the bike outside the window. It was on Main road towards Tokai".

This is the 3rd incident in 2 weeks

So guys, we're looking for a white Nissan Almera first off ...

Hope the cylcist is okay.

This is getting out of hand.... we need to find these thugs and put a stop to this.

That GPS tracking for the bikes seemd like not such a bad idea right now.....

Be safe out there people..... (and at home as they coming into our homes for the bikes and other goods as well)

really getting out of hand in CT

riding with the bike next to the car ??

that on its own should raise suspicion

be safe out there guys

More than likely ride off like that with the bike next to the car just until they around the corner then ,load it in the car or onto a waiting bakkie etc.

Maybe we can invent a small dynamite and put inside the frame... When it gets stolen or robbed, we can press panic button and the frame get exploded....

I prefer a metal spike in the seatpost. :devil:

Not again. I need to keep a cool head, my gut instinct is to go postal on these guys if it ever were to happen to me, but its really not worth it going south for the sake of a bike. That being said I really hope that these thugs take on the wrong person.

How do i put GPS tracking chips on my bikes ?I want to do it

This might be an option. If you can hide it inside the frame then you can track it down afterwards. Seems very affordable as well.

http://www.thetileapp.com/

Edited by semisub

this is becoming a big issue (no kidding) but the bikes are stolen for a quick buck, probably to support a drug habit. a Venge will get not much more than a PnP special.

Fighting fire with fire is only going to escalate matters, but what to do, other than take utmost precautions, and hope that if it ever happens to oneself that we keep our heads and hope insurance is in order and we come out unscathed, physically and emotionally. Heck, even riding in a group guarantees nothing if there's a firearm involved

wish I had a solution, but I don't...

More than likely ride off like that with the bike next to the car just until they around the corner then ,load it in the car or onto a waiting bakkie etc.

Yes , that could be their plan !!

Bloody Agents !!

Edited by Jules #