goooo Ashleigh......

BarHugger

Commonwealth Women's Road Cycling.......20km to go.........raining. ..........VASBYT!!!!!!

Edited by BarHugger

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

suppose that will please the suits. not quite exactly sure why exactly they send exactly zero guys for the men's road race. nolan was already there, and lots of other guys in europe as well so can't have just been cash.

http://www.supersport.com/commonwealth/cg-2014/news/140802/Excited_Sam_paints_the_way_forward_to_Rio_2016

Sam added: "In October we will determine 'yes' or 'no' to athletes and federations about Rio 2016. We can always add to the list and take one or two off, but the broad picture will be painted in October. That’s it.

"We will not give in to the mediocre. In four to eight years South African sport will be back where it belongs."

Sam also spoke specifically about four sports with Rio in mind. "We are going to be conducting serious one-on-ones with all the codes and federations. And when it comes to boxing, cycling and weightlifting, in particular, it’s not going to be nice. There are going to be casualties. Gymnastics is another code in that bracket. We are going to have to be very open and frank with them," Sam said

Well done Ashleigh .With no team support won bronze medal .The poms rode a good race .Aussies could not get a podium finish with all their tactics and support