goooo Ashleigh......

BarHugger

What a race by Wales's Thomas

Monster break by Kennaugh - geeez

Dan went well hey, wearing his Europcar lid nogal.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I did my best to ride defensively as I was always going to be outnumbered... But I paid the price with my legs starting to cramp at the end and Lizzie pulling away. I realised that it would come down to a race for bronze, so I initiated the sprint 200m from the line."

Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio, news24

Edited by ' Dale

Watching the men's race yesterday and the high DNF's i think we would have been found wanting. Good to see Dan Craven tough it out to the end.

Only 12 finishers ????

good result in the end, remind me why we sent 6 women to the race?

Nee vra dit.. only 2 finished and the rest served as no purpose for ashley..

Seems they only went so that they could say they participated.

look, its good to send back up, but when they are clearly not on the same level to keep up with our star rider? At least Australia could keep sending their team off the front the animate the race and force others to chase,

2-3 extras would have been fine (i'm thinking like a quick spare wheel for Pasio had she punctured) but then send a few men to the road race?

8 years ago we got silver in the men's race......

good result in the end, remind me why we sent 6 women to the race?

To gain experience?

Like Ashley said "I hope this will boost woman cycling in SA."

It is a great motivation I am sure for all the girls out there if they see someone from 'their hood' riding at that level.

It has been proven over and over in SA that our riders (or actually in most sports) improve a hell of a lot when going to compete at that level. If you stay and only ride in SA and not push the boundaries you will not improve or not know your true potential.

To gain experience?

Like Ashley said "I hope this will boost woman cycling in SA."

It is a great motivation I am sure for all the girls out there if they see someone from 'their hood' riding at that level.

It has been proven over and over in SA that our riders (or actually in most sports) improve a hell of a lot when going to compete at that level. If you stay and only ride in SA and not push the boundaries you will not improve or not know your true potential.

Yes, to see Ashley make the podium will boost cycling, but to see 5 not even making it...not so much