Stretching...... there's no app for that!

L.T.G

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! thanks for all the feedback and advice...

guess I've got no excuse to get flexible now.

:thumbup:

what do they make you do ?

You can do it yourself too. Problem is, it is so faaarking sore you don't do it properly. Here is a video, it looks oh so innocent.

Try a few, and if you have killed yourself, let us know how it went.

I went to a chiro once who said with one simple 'exercise' every morning when you get up, less than 5 minutes, will keep you supple and your back in great health till you die..

Its a version of whats called the mountain climber... Basically get on all fours as if you are at the top of a push up, then move your right foot next to your right hand, to the outside of it. Then back and repeat with left foot. Do 25 a side.

Rather amazing what it does for such a simple quick exercise..

Gonna give this a go ... hopefully it helps my sore lower back. :(

Gonna give this a go ... hopefully it helps my sore lower back. :(

lower back, stretch those glutes.

lower back, stretch those glutes.

For sure ... as soon as my back allows me to be more mobile. :thumbup:

L.T.G, thanks for starting this thread, Raydek thanks for contribution.

I am doing both the mountain climbers and the thoracic bridge in the morning and the evening.

the mountain climbers make me breathe heavy, and the thoracic bridge makes me sweat....very uncomfortable.

incredible how out of symmetry i am, with the mountainclimbers the left leg portion is much easier than the right.

and with the thoracic bridge the right arm side is much easier (by FAAAR) - i certainly think that it is worth the 5 minutes effort

a rolling pin usually used in baking also works if you don't have a foam roller.. painful as all hell too....

http://movesmrt.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/rollingpin.jpg?w=665

I thought foam was supposed to be soft! Bought a foam roller the other day on advice of the physio for my ITB. It hurt like HELL. Managed about 20secs. However, it is getting better and I haven't had knee pain since I've been using it.

I almost cried the first time I used it... What else are you doing for Itb? Mine is killing me.

do you guys just roll the foam over the legs and such?

You put it under the section you want to focus on and then you roll by going back and forth over the roller. Hurts like mad the first couple of times but it gets the knots out quick. You can just use a 110mm pvc pipe. No need to buy R700 worth of foam... Or like was suggested a baking pin also works but it does not penetrate as deep if you just roll it with your hands.

You put it under the section you want to focus on and then you roll by going back and forth over the roller. Hurts like mad the first couple of times but it gets the knots out quick. You can just use a 110mm pvc pipe. No need to buy R700 worth of foam... Or like was suggested a baking pin also works but it does not penetrate as deep if you just roll it with your hands.

Will a pool noodle work? Or is it too soft?

:thumbup:

Will a pool noodle work? Or is it too soft?

It is to soft. You could probably wrap it around the pvc pipe.

The foam roller I have is ribbed for even less pleasure. Profile a bit like a gear.

:eek:

i am confused...when did the slogan change to "Ribbed, for less pleasure"

Archived