Prices at Shops - what are they smoking

HOLD ON TIGHT THINGS ARE GOING TO GET HAIRY,

SOON WE WILL BE REFFERING BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE COULD STILL AFFORD CREAM

Hairy might say it's a good thing.

Isn't there a direct correlation between age and referring to 'good ol' days' :blink:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hairy might say it's a good thing.

Isn't there a direct correlation between age and referring to 'good ol' days' :blink:

MAYBE BUT IM 23, :whistling:

ok some shops are ripping the ass, but i dont know if you MEN have walked around checkers/pick and pay/woolies and noticed the prices of everything???? i know your wives spend the money but go price ANY PRODUCTS in general ALL LINES/PRODUCTS ,,,,this is only the start of pricing to come,

and for this we can thank a few thinGs, our very STRONG rand, the recent strikes will only make itself seen on the shelves in a few months, HOLD ON TIGHT THINGS ARE GOING TO GET HAIRY,

SOON WE WILL BE REFFERING BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE COULD STILL AFFORD CREAM

Yip .. the price of tyres - car and truck have gone ballistic !

The income versus expense lines are starting to rapidly move further apart ! Not that they have been parallel for a while now ..

MAYBE BUT IM 23, :whistling:

23....so you have no clue what one could buy at the sweet counter for one sa rondt...:blink:

I'm confused, I'm not sure if you are referring to it as a way to make money to fund my cycling or as a cheap method of entertainment. To both I say I'm too old!! No thank you!! Now we must say sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread.....

Wooohaaa, stop the bus.

In Hubland we normally quote and highlight what we are referring to.

In this case you were making a statement about never watching movies, I merely pointed put that there was some good stuff to watch.

Wooohaaa, stop the bus.

In Hubland we normally quote and highlight what we are referring to.

In this case you were making a statement about never watching movies, I merely pointed put that there was some good stuff to watch.

I know......I was just pulling your moustache ^_^

I'm late to the original topic but its simple... don't shop at cyclelabs!

They charge ridiculous prices and don't give any service with it.

I'm not associated with any bike store, just my experience with them multiple times before i came to this conclusion.

Maybe of interest for some people and perhaps its nothing new and applies to all bike stores out there... but during one of my buying experiences with them i was accidentally shown a price list which included their wholesale price. To give you an idea of the margins they were making 2 years ago on a bike retailing at just over R50k, their wholesale price was around R27k. I'd love to get paid R20k for putting it together and giving a 1 yr service.

Its easy to find cheaper prices online so i don't understand why people buy from them. But more than enough do to keep them in business.

I will continue to buy from my local Bike shop , be it Cycle Lab or not . BTW have you ever seen the "PRICE LIST"for a new Merc ?

I had a good laugh this week at a reputable cycle warehouse here in Durbanville. Price for protective frame tape R450 for 5 little strips. I almost had a kerniption.... Anyways, found a similar product down the road for R150

many of us have been in your scenario, It's pretty common to be a student and not have the latest bling whatever. If daddy gets whatever you want, then you're just a spoilt kid. If you really really need some carbon magafta, go wait tables or pull pints.

Agree. The only way that I could afford what I have is using money saved from my time working in the USA before varsity. Just a pity I only started riding 2 years after that, otherwise I could've had some awesome stuff at great prices.

I will continue to buy from my local Bike shop , be it Cycle Lab or not . BTW have you ever seen the "PRICE LIST"for a new Merc ?

Why would you want a new Merc? You can do way better for the same money.

Im pretty sure car dealerships have a very low mark up on their cars - around 7% if i'm not mistaken? I think Import taxes etc are the reason for high vehicle prices in SA

Maybe it's just me that's lost but on this thread there is genuine concern for the price of a jar of butt cream, and yes prices on anything you buy these days seem high and yet on a thread next door there's a hubber buying a R 170 K F8 Dogma. :wacko:

I also support my local bike shop but they are no longer cyclelabs... and its not because they shut the cape town store and moved to tokai!

Archived