Bicycle Storage

BottelaryHillBuddy

I put a plank on top of the roof beams. Hook the saddle over it and then they hang out of the way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been instructed by she who must be kept happy to sort out the bikes in our storage room (cellar) which is about the size of a small single car garage and only has a roof height of 2.3 m

At the moment the bikes (6) stand on the floor with all our other stuff such as snowbaords, ski's, golf clubs etc....

I've just ordered one of these Topeak Dual touch stands in the hope that it will create a bit more room, if it works I'll order another one so that at least 4 bikes will be stored this way on the sides of the room.

http://www.topeak.co...-touchbikestand

What i like about it is that it does not require any holes to be drilled into the floor, wall or ceiling...holes are an issue as we rent and if we move out have to return the room back to the condition it was in when we moved in.

post-182-0-58151100-1407833521_thumb.png

I've been instructed by she who must be kept happy to sort out the bikes in our storage room (cellar) which is about the size of a small single car garage and only has a roof height of 2.3 m

At the moment the bikes (6) stand on the floor with all our other stuff such as snowbaords, ski's, golf clubs etc....

I've just ordered one of these Topeak Dual touch stands in the hope that it will create a bit more room, if it works I'll order another one so that at least 4 bikes will be stored this way on the sides of the room.

http://www.topeak.co...-touchbikestand

What i like about it is that it does not require any holes to be drilled into the floor, wall or ceiling...holes are an issue as we rent and if we move out have to return the room back to the condition it was in when we moved in.

post-182-0-58151100-1407833521_thumb.png

Not sure what they charge for this, but the pole is a Polecat product that I have worked with before, sure it would be cheaper going directly to them and then sorting out the bracket on its own.. Just a thought.

http://ads.easyinfo.co.za/htm/custom/polecat/index.htm

Michael is the guy to speak to.

This is what I did for my 2 sons, in their bedrooms. The bikes are secure, don't get damaged and take up minimal space. We live in an old house with large rooms but no garage. What better solution than to keep your bikes close? Mine live in my study, mounted like theirs, but one above the other.

post-17716-0-34640200-1407949466_thumb.jpg

This is what I did for my 2 sons, in their bedrooms. The bikes are secure, don't get damaged and take up minimal space. We live in an old house with large rooms but no garage. What better solution than to keep your bikes close? Mine live in my study, mounted like theirs, but one above the other.

Think I will give something like this a try in my garage.

Our setup:

post-4006-1407953449,1053.jpg

post-4006-1407953523,046.jpg

Nice and Simple! Guess what I'm doing over the weekend!

Never thought of using the passenger side on the left hand garage, this kind of increases the storage space a bit.

Edited by johanpre44

Sorry for not responding,

My garage looks pretty much like Brian Fantana, except with boxes instead of shelves.

Will post a pic tomorrow.