Brandon Stewart

Mousea

Queen B has better knowledge of this story and a closer understanding than we do .

Yes, we know. And its sad.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems there are many dim witted ignorant people that as usual make `hubbers look nothing more than bored wannabe's that are never gonna be !

Do yourselves a favour and speak to people in the know before banging out crap as most of you keyboard ninjas tend to do.

Maybe get your facts straight and realise that if a athlete or anyone for that matter has to take testosterone for low levels there is NO WAY they able to compete never mind WIN races. Medical fact.

Do yourself a favour and speak to the people in the know before banging out crap in defence like a keyboard MMA fighter.

Oh and it's not a witch hunt if they keep catching dopers. Witch hunt implies there is nothing to find ,yet they keep dropping like flies. Only 1 team left you say? Good, more banned substances to go around.

Maybe get your facts straight and realise that if a athlete or anyone for that matter has to take testosterone for low levels there is NO WAY they able to compete never mind WIN races. Medical fact.

Do yourself a favour and speak to the people in the know before banging out crap in defence like a keyboard MMA fighter.

If his testosterone levels were that low a TUE would've been issued, no?. Surely they submitted all the lab results to anti doping.

And testosterone is mos a big No No.. and I am sure there is detailed info on when and it is allowed.. he surely had that info and his lab results to go by.

This could have been a great chance to have a decent chat about issues such as replacement of hormones up to "normal" levels, the issue of breaking the law but considering intent to cheat, the possibility that a malfunctioning system can make things appear worse than they are etc. Sadly the rabid supporters of BS with all their baggage will prevent that from happening. Strangely I wanted to put up a hypothetical case on behalf of BS showing that his INTENT was not to cheat. Now I don't care. Maybe we should start a thread without his name in it.

This could have been a great chance to have a decent chat about issues such as replacement of hormones up to "normal" levels, the issue of breaking the law but considering intent to cheat, the possibility that a malfunctioning system can make things appear worse than they are etc. Sadly the rabid supporters of BS with all their baggage will prevent that from happening. Strangely I wanted to put up a hypothetical case on behalf of BS showing that his INTENT was not to cheat. Now I don't care. Maybe we should start a thread without his name in it.

I'd like to see that discussion. In a hypothetical case, if one presented with a physiologically abnormal level of testosterone , or thyroxine, or any other vital hormone, why would a TUE not be granted to allow the levels to normalize under controlled circumstances? How different is it to other acceptably treatable conditions that allow TUE's ? Or would it (TUE) be given?

Edited by Benjamin

Caster had to lower her hormones artificially - why not allow it to be raised? Bronchodilators are allowed. Another issue is what is "normal" levels.

TUE's seem to be minefield, just ask Oom Chris who has had to miss defending the Vuelta (and the younger Chris as well, although he 'rode' that one out)

How often has a TUE been proved, beyond any doubt, that it was an excuse for cheating?

But I do get the impression that the powers-that-be will go for anything they can, especially the easy targets, so that they can give the impression that they are doing their jobs, no matter how off-target they are. Whether they are aware of that or not, is open to speculation. Possibly not. Bit like Metro Police in Jhb, Home Affairs, and most of the rest of public service in SA.

Edited by kosmonooit

OK QB I will bite.

Etc....

I have just re-read your post en jislaaik, you were lekker cross when you wrote that.

Take a chill pill (google it) next time......

;-)

If the riders exposed the real cheaters, SAIDS would have their hands so full they wouldn't have time to knit pick on the touch n go / disputable cases.

As would the public, the sponsors and the die hard fans here on the Hub.

I said it before and will say it again, these Pro lap up our adoration and support when winning, but as soon as they get caught we are not allowed to have an opinion anymore and must keep our ignorant opinions to ourselves? BS!!

I have just re-read your post en jislaaik, you were lekker cross when you wrote that.

Take a chill pill (google it) next time......

;-)

Ja. I thought this was obviously different with better angles to discuss. Bam, in comes the same old kuk. Good cyclists don't necessarily make for good orators or PR people...

Where did Mousea disappear to? Or was it a bait and run?

Im here no need to run.

I stand by the people I support

Caster had to lower her hormones artificially - why not allow it to be raised? Bronchodilators are allowed. Another issue is what is "normal" levels.

Is anyone aware of a listing of drugs or substances for which no TUE will be considered under any circumstances?

If his testosterone levels were that low a TUE would've been issued, no?. Surely they submitted all the lab results to anti doping.

And testosterone is mos a big No No.. and I am sure there is detailed info on when and it is allowed.. he surely had that info and his lab results to go by.

If his levels were that low Testosterone would be prescribed but no chance of him racing as I said earlier. SAIDS would of looked at all the data and "tests" performed or asked for the lab results from his low testosterone levels and if those were legit it would be fine but clearly they werent and it was some dubious make up story.

I would like Queen B or Brandon to post a pic of the test results showing what his testosterone ratio was when he was prescribed the product and what they were when he was caught. I am almost pretty sure his scores were way off the chart. Never mind 1:1 or extreme cases of 4:1 but Im guessing in the range of 6 and up.

He was caught cheating, its that simple no matter what way you look at it unfortunately and because the team has now fallen apart the only person that is responsible for that is BS. No one else. No one else has been caught or broke the rules and yes, there may be 1 less team now but rather have 1 less team than a dishonest team cause that, in essence, isnt a team you want around or my child wanting to ride for. That dark cloud around Fedgroup team has been there for a long, long time, everyone knows that who knows anything and its sad cause their actions as of late have been far from professional.

I just wish Fedgroup would re-look at sponsoring a team again but start over with new management, riders etc etc. There is plenty of young riders who deserve that money in support and a good structure that will outshine anyone on that team with the right support.