Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is happening to often now at the races in Cape Town. Something must be done to secure the bikes and cycle carriers. Please contact me at cwcycles@telkomsa.net and I will make sure that we replace it at the best price in the country. That goes for everybody who had such losses at the "Argus" tour. This offer will be held untill Saturday 21 March.

I lost my legs somewhere. Granny gear up the hills. How much for a new pair?

That split time calculator will come in handy in 2016. I have a hole year to memorise my target times.

If the winner was determined by the quickest time then probably the tactics of the winner would have been different.

If the winner was determined by the quickest time then probably the tactics of the winner would have been different.

but that is not racing then.

surely that is then a time trial, which is different from racing.

That's a bit unfair!

they should get some recognition at least for fastest times.

Isn't it obvious? The faster ladies had the benefit of drafting with stronger males which the pro ladies didn't have.

Nothing unfair about them not getting recognition 

It takes determination and a whole lot of hard work, not to mention s suitcase of courage, to pin on a number in the category of Racing Women.

Finishing time is not the outcome sought at all; finishing position is all that counts.

Being swept along by the bunch dynamics of male riders is incomparable to the above.

How long should one wait before querying results?  They've got my chip number in the right position but not my name.

Searching by name gives me nothing for Sunday.

Isn't it obvious? The faster ladies had the benefit of drafting with stronger males which the pro ladies didn't have.

Nothing unfair about them not getting recognition 

This is exactly the case, the womens racing bunch had no help from any men for the entire route where the other ladies were able to draft in faster groups.

Its always tricky between who should go into that group, there were no women in 1A or 1C. So they did put the top seeded women in the elites it looks like, next year these women will get seeded in the racing bunch and give it a bash

- "Hold your line!" 

My line differs from yours when I need to take a high speed 90 degree turn. I start wide, and I cut in early, and I end wide. Think of a big bus or truck compared to a car and allow some space. I am trying to hit the corner at the same speed as you, to minimise the risk of a crash, so please give us a bit of room when we turn like that. 

I have to agree. Anyway what does it mean? If they mean I need to hold their line they need to be in front of me, otherwise I can't see them.

If they are behind me they can see what my line is. It is MY LINE after all.

You don't here these comments in the racing bunches and they are all over the road all the time. No one cares, they just know where everyone is and work with what they have.

A strap broke and my Bike flew of the back on the N7, Scott Spark 920 totaled, it had almost 500kms on, Needles to say, BnB racks, look in your inbox for a mail regarding your straps, Thanks to the guys who stopped and got the bike out of the road, I did not get your names, but thanks, I was to shocked and disappointed to notice anything but my beauty in pieces, what a Sunday, me sitting in my Baggies and race number watching the race on TV

If I'm not mistaken it happened once in the 80's where a different winner out of lower groups was announced, there was an article about it in the cycle tour magazine a few years back, the one that did the history with all the riders from the 80s in it

Archived