Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight

1) The PPA gets a massive influx of new members fees as they wanted

2) All these early entrants crash the system and possibly miss their 4 hour window to enter

3) They now get to enter on the 26th with the rest of us

4) PPA wins

Yes, the persistent idiot I was, i tried a few times on straight and a few times on 3 month budget when my straight balance was up.  Few times it did not hit the bank, but now have 3 X R800 reservations on straight and 2 X R800 on budget.

At least I did get a confirmation from VCS and the Cycletour after my last attempt. And, checking on Racetec's website, I am entered. Now just for the hassle of getting my money back.

tried +-5 times just after 10:00 this morning. Every time i got that "payment failure" page. went onto std bank banking and cant see any deductions.

maybe it will still come off tonight ?!

currently im in the que : place nr 2886.

im trying this thing once more - ffs

no wonder everyone always has something bad to say about the PPA etc ...

So let me get this straight

1) The PPA gets a massive influx of new members fees as they wanted

2) All these early entrants crash the system and possibly miss their 4 hour window to enter

3) They now get to enter on the 26th with the rest of us

4) PPA wins

sounds about right

no wonder everyone always has something bad to say about the PPA etc ...

Sad to say but I sensed a point a couple of years back where PPA seemed to be more about money than cycling. Haven't been a member since then.

I'll still hopefully be there for Argus, assuming there are entries left on 26th and the system is working. Still a great event despite my feelings towards the organizers.

It's a shame you guys have got shafted by such a shoddy system though - hope they get it sorted for you and you all get the entries you made and refunds for the multiple debits

Anyone lucky enough to obtain an entry yet ? I have paid twelve times but havent gone off my account!

Earlybird Entry= Epic Fail

Stop wasting our time! Racetec also not taking any more calls, i sure dont want to miss the deadline by 15:00

Ok now payments are reflecting on my bank account and guess what........I have been charged three times ?????

Can I buy one of your entries? :whistling:

I have been told not to try again.  They will send me an e-mail and I will be able to conclude the transaction out of the 10 - 15h00 window.  Let's hope they keep their word.

Tried the first time got my wife entered,2nd time entered and  paid for myself not entered,3rd time a friend and I tried to enter him no luck,4th time we tried to enter again but this time for friends wife no luck,5th time entered friend again entered and paid and hi is in,6th time tried myself again and I am in, now 7th time trying friends wife again 15 min wait in line. so far have to try claim back only 1 entry

what a process

Archived