Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Super system they have! I've done 15 consecutive Argus' rides and I didn't get the preferential entry invitation! 

The last time I looked its not the PPA members in Cape Town that contribute to the tourism (hence the name change), but the people from up north that come and spend their cash in Cape Town.

Don't feel bad about it. Seems us Capie PPA faithful were just used as lab rats to test their online entry system. Now we are sitting with endless payment and re-funding issues. Really makes us feel special (where is the "sarcastic" emoticon?)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but i'm hoping the common sense extends to someone lighting a fire under SANPARKs and the other powers that be to really get stuck into developing MTB more than the lip service they are currently paying it now. Still burning a candle for a Cape Town MTB tour around the whole table mountain range. Not to mention more DH trails  :ph34r:

Not an option

Too many no go areas like Orange Kloof and Kirstenbosch.

I prefer to keep it that way

Super system they have! I've done 15 consecutive Argus' rides and I didn't get the preferential entry invitation! 

The last time I looked its not the PPA members in Cape Town that contribute to the tourism (hence the name change), but the people from up north that come and spend their cash in Cape Town.

I phoned them, told them I have not received my invitation as per previous years, and a few minutes later my "invite link" was in my inbox.

Took me all of three minutes to enter.

So tomorrow is the 26th when entries open for all. I have still not been refunded and my credit card shows the payment that I have made. I am unwilling to pay again, so what to do?!

So tomorrow is the 26th when entries open for all. I have still not been refunded and my credit card shows the payment that I have made. I am unwilling to pay again, so what to do?!

How about emailing / phoning the organisers?

Racetec Contact Us Info from their webpage

Our friendly team is on standby to take your calls between 08h30 and 16h00.

You have entered already

What do you want a refund for

Two e-mails, one sent 23 rd @ 09:29 and one today is un-answered...

Bel hulle en as jy nie gelukkig is nie, stoot hulle palle oor, BREEK AL DIE PALLE!!!!

Just got this reply to my email I sent last week:

Thank you for your email regarding your entry for the 2015 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour. You should have received an email last Wednesday explaining what had happened and the outcome for your entry attempt.

If you have not received an email explanation, please let us know by replying to this email.

If you have received the email explanation and have replied to it, we will respond to your email as soon as we can.

Kind Regards

Tish Lambert

Race Office Administrator

Archived