Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you want to know

Why he appears to have been debited but his entry is not yet successful.

This is similar to what many experienced when entries first opened. The only way to guarantee entry is to do it over. During the initial payment process the funds were reserved by the bank for the entry but the online system timed out before completing the transaction. The funds from that first entry are still reserved by your bank and have not theoretically left your account. You can take this up with the bank to get these monies removed from this reservation basket. Your entry for the CTCT has not however been completed and as such you need to do it again. All of us that have entered followed this process and managed to get our entry confirmed.

Hi guys and Tish. Payment on my credit card was first in the "uncleared" heading on my account, but has since moved to the "out" line, therefore, my balanced has been reduced by the payment. The e-mail received said I will be refunded and I must thererfore pay again. The refund is however not happening and I am therefore unwilling/uneasy to pay again. I can obviously try to enter again tomorrow after 14:00...

Hi guys and Tish. Payment on my credit card was first in the "uncleared" heading on my account, but has since moved to the "out" line, therefore, my balanced has been reduced by the payment. The e-mail received said I will be refunded and I must thererfore pay again. The refund is however not happening and I am therefore unwilling/uneasy to pay again. I can obviously try to enter again tomorrow after 14:00...

If you look at your credit card statement, is there an entry where the transaction occurred? Should be a reference number of sorts. Get that and phone RaceTec and tune them and their 'regering' if the money has been debited!

Why he appears to have been debited but his entry is not yet successful.

This is similar to what many experienced when entries first opened. The only way to guarantee entry is to do it over. During the initial payment process the funds were reserved by the bank for the entry but the online system timed out before completing the transaction. The funds from that first entry are still reserved by your bank and have not theoretically left your account. You can take this up with the bank to get these monies removed from this reservation basket. Your entry for the CTCT has not however been completed and as such you need to do it again. All of us that have entered followed this process and managed to get our entry confirmed.

Ah

Well then we are ok.If I look at Racetec it reflects "Entered"

Is today the day for the "big announcement"?

Nought you missed that. It was a couple of days ago... Today is enter day!

What was it?  The name change?  Surely that didn't need the entries to be delayed for a month?

I'm already entered  ^_^ 
Wonder if the system is going to crash again today?

Today I am going to sit on the side and watch the mayhem unfolds.  At least the R4000 that was reserved on my cards has now been cleared, and our entries done and dusted.

Edit:  Ag dammit, entries only open at 2!  At that time I will be out in the vineyards marking out routes for Sunday's Spur Classic.  Bummer.

Edit:  Ag dammit, entries only open at 2!  At that time I will be out in the vineyards marking out routes for Sunday's Spur Classic.  Bummer.

You're going out in public with that face?!  :whistling:

Today I am going to sit on the side and watch the mayhem unfolds.  At least the R4000 that was reserved on my cards has now been cleared, and our entries done and dusted.

But don't worry it will all be here for you to see later...

Archived