Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

a bit like that concrete surface section / sharp right turn on the down hill into Hout Bay. mate of mine is a paramedic and was placed there during the last Argus - lots of work for him...

Yes, it was just there that I went over the side of Chapmans Peak this year at 50-60km/h... I wouldn't recommend it :blink:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip, thats awsome. Rest of you guys will have to wait ten more days.

Just leave some places for us- plain ticket and accommodation already been booked and paid for.

Yes, it was just there that I went over the side of Chapmans Peak this year at 50-60km/h... I wouldn't recommend it :blink:

Eeee yoooooooh. Thats hectic.

what will the estimated time difference be in doing it:

on a road bike vs mtb with slicks vs mtb with knoblies

for the same cyclist? (or same level of cyclist)

And it led to a spectacular outcome in bike replacement :ph34r:

Just had a mail from PPA giving a heads-up re entries opening earlier (from 10:00 - 15:00 on Tuesday 16 September) for paid-up PPA members...

I bet there are going to be a LOT of people joining PPA in the next few days. Clever way to get extra members.

I think the big announcement may be they are banning all MTB's this year as it is a road event. :P

I think the big announcement may be they are banning all MTB's this year as it is a road event. :P

ag they can just let all the mtb's start at the back, would also be fine with me....

I would say around 30 to 45 minutes slower on the MTB.

Going UPHILL or downhill??? :w00t:

edit: add smiley

lol, perks of a mtb -

we go anywhere, albeit it slower

ag they can just let all the mtb's start at the back, would also be fine with me....

What about second time round, thats the most fun! All those wide bars at the waterpoints, blocking the entrances to the coffee shops in Kalk Bay... Lets stay on track here!

There would also be zero comments after the argus about people explaining there time was on a MTB with 6 gears, 26" wheels and a cat eye computer.

I would say around 30 to 45 minutes slower on the MTB.

thinking the same thing.

trying to work out a reasonable target time to complete it on a mtb.

last time i did it i was still a roadie

What about second time round, thats the most fun! All those wide bars at the waterpoints, blocking the entrances to the coffee shops in Kalk Bay... Lets stay on track here!

There would also be zero comments after the argus about people explaining there time was on a MTB with 6 gears, 26" wheels and a cat eye computer.

hahahah excellent post my friend!

You forgot the most important one. Knobblies!!! Extremely important to highlight that those are on your mtb, god forbid someone might think you defaced your steed with those ghastly slicks...

Archived