Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Spare a thought for us in 2A.

If the groups start so close together, I can already see us into the back of the group before us well before Hospital Bend. Imagine the carnage when the two groups try and negotiate the bend and then that sharp little climb immediately following the bend.

What am I on about, you ask?

Well, see who is starting infront of us.

K - Hand Cycles, Unicycles, Recumbents, Special Needs Bikes that have been approved by the organisers
2A to 2G - Seeded

See where my concern comes from?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same.

Last year I stared in the group just behind these and the tandems too.  

I have nothing against the fast tandems, but most of them are dog slow and beeeeg.  Difficult to pass when it's so bunched up at the start and they start weaving all over the place going up the slightest incline, especially when you get a few of them together.

I don't know what the best solution is here, but surely starting slow riders with fast riders is not the answer...

Question

A buddy of mine wants to buy an entry/substitution.

Does he then stay in the same batch as the original entry or does he get seeded to faster/slower batch?

Okay. 2A confirmed.

They told me to piss off and peddle harder in their reseeding reply.

So then? 2A is the place to be anyway. How many no in there? Where's Gary and his 94.7 Google spreadsheet?

I feel the same.

Last year I stared in the group just behind these and the tandems too.  

I have nothing against the fast tandems, but most of them are dog slow and beeeeg.  Difficult to pass when it's so bunched up at the start and they start weaving all over the place going up the slightest incline, especially when you get a few of them together.

I don't know what the best solution is here, but surely starting slow riders with fast riders is not the answer...

They have done away with social tandems this year. Only 1 group of racing tandems and its supposedly only 30 strong. The rest of the tandems are slotted in purely according to their seeding. It was mentioned in the email. But I think how they have done it is probably the best solution, as you say some of the slower tandems where a hazard. now the tandems you have in your group will be just as quick as you. Help them up the hills and you will love them on the fast sections.

They have done away with social tandems this year. Only 1 group of racing tandems and its supposedly only 30 strong. The rest of the tandems are slotted in purely according to their seeding. It was mentioned in the email. But I think how they have done it is probably the best solution, as you say some of the slower tandems where a hazard. now the tandems you have in your group will be just as quick as you. Help them up the hills and you will love them on the fast sections.

Great news!  

I just scrolled through that email to find my seeding.  Maybe I should try reading it...  :whistling:

Group 2A - Hubbers in da House

FrankB

Berry

Nazmo

CleatsnCleavage

Leaboy

Rince

Wannabe

Bianchisti

Hubbers gonna smash 'em. :D

:clap:  :clap:

Spare a thought for us in 2A.

If the groups start so close together, I can already see us into the back of the group before us well before Hospital Bend. Imagine the carnage when the two groups try and negotiate the bend and then that sharp little climb immediately following the bend.

What am I on about, you ask?

Well, see who is starting infront of us.

K - Hand Cycles, Unicycles, Recumbents, Special Needs Bikes that have been approved by the organisers

2A to 2G - Seeded

See where my concern comes from?

It seems at the K group are off at 6:38 and 2A at 6:41 so a 3 minute gap.

Doubt it will make much of a difference

Last year we in L had a huge crash. When you sit in the bunch you can't see them until the guys start start to avoid them.

Group 2A - Hubbers in da House

FrankB

Berry

Nazmo

CleatsnCleavage

Leaboy

Rince

Wannabe

Bianchisti

Hubbers gonna smash 'em. :D

:clap: :clap:

I'll be in the Lights By Linea kit