Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Looks like I'm going to have to push to catch up with 2A from 2B.

I jumped a group last year, so it should be possible?  Maybe...

Holding thumbs for good weather!

It may be harder with the smaller groups, last year by the time the last person in A was heading onto the on ramp onto N2 the next group started, the gap was Max 150m. Not too bad if the wind is not pumping.

Smaller groups would make the gaps between groups larger.

Still possible, want to try close the gap before end of M5, the coast road is tiny and there is a large portion of main road missing at Muizenburg. Sure it will be fixed by Cycle tour, but still a big hole.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh poowee, spoil sports.. :thumbdown:  but in all that effort and training to enter other rides to get a good seeding so one can stop more and then this .... I HATE FINE PRINT ...

Why would you let a little entry next to your name on the racetec website stand between you and a few in-race beers...

So was the 2015 99er used 100% for the Argus seeding?

My buddy had his best index scoring at the 99er but it only counted 34% towards Argus seeding.

Which points to the fact that it didnt count 100% to the 2015 Argus :thumbdown:

Or can he ask for a re-seeding?

My buddy had his best index scoring at the 99er but it only counted 34% towards Argus seeding.

Which points to the fact that it didnt count 100% to the 2015 Argus :thumbdown:

Or can he ask for a re-seeding?

I don't think they will ever just use one 1 race. They use your 3 best seedings with the best 2 counting 34% and the 3rd counting 32%. That's how I understand it.

Why would you let a little entry next to your name on the racetec website stand between you and a few in-race beers...

well I want to try and see if I can get to do finish 14 in a row - by which time my daughter will be of the age where she can either ride with dad on a tandem, or we can ride together

Seems the 99er counted as a "normal" race - only 34%. I assume for the 2016 CTCT it can count 100% but that's a bit useless as by then the time penalty will be big.

I don't think they will ever just use one 1 race. They use your 3 best seedings with the best 2 counting 34% and the 3rd counting 32%. That's how I understand it.

They can use only one race if it is an "official" seeding race

Seems the 99er counted as a "normal" race - only 34%. I assume for the 2016 CTCT it can count 100% but that's a bit useless as by then the time penalty will be big.

that was my question as well, why announce seeding event for 2016 yet when 2016 CTCT comes the 2015 99er result will have incurred a moersa penalty already and probably be useless to all. :huh:

I really don't get the seeding system.

They used my Knysna MTB 80km time from 2012 (which was slow) and I got penalised 26 points for it being old, but they didn't use my Argus time from 2013 which I did better in.

6B it is for me starting at 8:48  behind the non-seeded International Riders who will all be different levels :-(

At least this year I am ahead of all the charity groups, you get a real mixed bunch in there.

I am not sure I agree with seeding people according to the number of Argus's they have completed or their age. 

They used my Knysna MTB 80km time from 2012 (which was slow) and I got penalised 26 points for it being old, but they didn't use my Argus time from 2013 which I did better in.

6B it is for me starting at 8:48  behind the non-seeded International Riders who will all be different levels :-(

At least this year I am ahead of all the charity groups, you get a real mixed bunch in there.

I am not sure I agree with seeding people according to the number of Argus's they have completed or their age. 

Does that happen? If so I agree with you, Not fair.

I've just checked my seeding, and the 2014 99er has counted 100% and I've got a penalty of 7 on it because of it's age!  How is that right?

No previous Argus was used (even though it's more recent) and no 2014 Burger!  

Surely this is not right?

Although I don't want to query if it means that I go down in seeding...  :ph34r:

My index is better for Burger though, so I'm sure that it won't.  And no penalty either.

Does that happen? If so I agree with you, Not fair.

Yes it does happen and for people who are over 70 years of age and\or have completed more than 10 Argus rides. Why should they not receive seeding above the open groups if they're regular riders of the event who for some reason don't have seeding for this years installment or are old enough to warrant an earlier start to stay out of the heat of the day for ALL of their ride?

It's not like they are seeded at the front. They're seeded ahead of the rest of the non seeded riders.

Do a brilliant burger and ignore everything else, thats all you need.

For me the part that makes no sense, is that the 99er isnt used more, its close to the Argus and probably the most accurate indication of ability.

I did the 99er, argus last year, one tonner, all for nought (from a seeding perspective), still enjoyed it though. 

I've just checked my seeding, and the 2014 99er has counted 100% and I've got a penalty of 7 on it because of it's age!  How is that right?

No previous Argus was used (even though it's more recent) and no 2014 Burger!  

Surely this is not right?

Although I don't want to query if it means that I go down in seeding...  :ph34r:

My index is better for Burger though, so I'm sure that it won't.  And no penalty either.

Are you sure the index from the 99er is not as good as the index of the Burger or the other races? Remember, it's the index they use, not the race time. So they'll choose the best index race you have to give you seeding.

The Knysna MTB has a massive beta, so most likely gave you a better index despite being a year earlier than the 2013 Argus.

Archived