Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

How does a G relate to CTCT?

Because G is what my current PPA seeding is.

The same happened last year, I was in same Argus start bunch as what my PPA seeding bunch was at that time. (exactly the same seeding index, which means they only used PPA races to do my seeding)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because G is what my current PPA seeding is.

The same happened last year, I was in same Argus start bunch as what my PPA seeding bunch was at that time. (exactly the same seeding index, which means they only used PPA races to do my seeding)

Got that, im asking what does G relate to in CTCT 2A? 1H??

My PPA index - 33.3. CTCT index - 46.9. The only timed races I have done are the 2013 Argus and 2014 Argus.

I have queried this. There seems to be some issues with their seeding software.

Got that, im asking what does G relate to in CTCT 2A? 1H??

Difficult question to answer, could be either one, or something completely else.

But or me, it equates to a 2A start.

Difficult question to answer, could be either one, or something completely else.

But or me, it equates to a 2A start.

My PPA index - 33.3. CTCT index - 46.9. The only timed races I have done are the 2013 Argus and 2014 Argus.

So could seedings change again? 

My first Argus, starting 7:03, should find a few racing snakes in the bunch to go with.

I wonder if they going to have the same pen entry system they had last year where they have thousands of riders first entering a big pen and then going to the smaller pens. What a stuff up, Had guys from the first few start groups getting tied up at the first entry "gate" with people starting in 2 hours time. The original system worked for years, Why change it?

I wonder if they going to have the same pen entry system they had last year where they have thousands of riders first entering a big pen and then going to the smaller pens. What a stuff up, Had guys from the first few start groups getting tied up at the first entry "gate" with people starting in 2 hours time. The original system worked for years, Why change it?

Agreed, that was a stupid bottle neck that they created and I hope they don't do it again.

The only timed events I rode in the last 5years were 2010 cycle tour, 2014 cycle your and a stage grace not timed by racetec. So this earned me a worse seeding than my buddy who finished last years cycle your an hour slower when both my previous events were quicker than his.

I've also got a lot of slower pals who will be on mtbs seeded ahead of me lol.

The seeding system has become a loyalty program and not a safety mechanism to keep people of similar pace ability together.

Thats about all the info they give

post-56676-0-00862800-1424157961_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's an issue.  Their 'Seeding Explanation':

http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/seedingfaq.aspx

says:

The exception to this is the Cycle Tour Seeding Series where each event counts 100%.  In other words we will use your best single index from any seeding series event.

But my seeding information says:

2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour (109km)  2:52:44 26.07 18 66 

2014 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour (109km)  2:54:45 15.59   6 34

Note the weightings - the last 2 figures.  They've penalized my 2013 ACT by 18 points, and then weighted it by 66% to give me an overall index of 22.51 (1G), despite both ACTs having been an official seeding events.  

Yes, I've queried it.

Correct so if your best event is a single event then that seeding count 100% as per their discription but they are still applying weighting

I'm pretty sure there's an issue.  Their 'Seeding Explanation':

http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/seedingfaq.aspx

says:

The exception to this is the Cycle Tour Seeding Series where each event counts 100%.  In other words we will use your best single index from any seeding series event.

But my seeding information says:

Event: Speed: Time: Winner: Beta: Index: Penalty: Weighting: Sun 10/03/2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour (109km) 37.86 2:52:44 2:39:53 1.00 26.07 18 66 Sun 09/03/2014 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour (109km) 37.42 2:54:45 2:39:31 1.00 15.59 6 34

Note the weightings.  They've penalized my 2013 ACT by 18 points, and then weighted it by 66% to give me an overall index of 22.51 (1G), despite both ACTs having been an official seeding events.  

Yes, I've queried it.

with the weightings affecting almost everyone who completed seeding events, would they then have to reseed everyone or just those who query?

it doesnt really affect me as my indexes with different weightings are very close.

Correct so if your best event is a single event then that seeding count 100% as per their discription but they are still applying weighting

That's correct.  What's worse is that they're actually preferring your older (more heavily penalized) events.

Archived