Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda like the idea of doing that 2nd lap as a helper for those with technical issues or needing a push along the way.

yes, if you see a blond Belgian woman in a Sabrina Love shirt, be extra nice  :devil: 

on a side note: I asked my family and friends for sponsoprship for Sabrina Love and have collected 370€ = +/- 4800ZAR  :clap:

So what time are the elite ladies starting, what is the gap behind the elite men and infront of 1A?

- Update - went and snooped around racetec and found that they are starting behind 1A but in front of 1C, so they are 1B effectively. So they will be caught by 1C and then be sprinting with all the sub 3 hopefuls. :D

Hi all,

A friend of mine cannot attend the race and passed his ticket on to me.

I phoned the race organisers and apparently you cannot substitute anymore.

Do you guys perhaps know if there is not a way to do this or what should I do as I would really like to go.

Cheers

Hi all,

A friend of mine cannot attend the race and passed his ticket on to me.

I phoned the race organisers and apparently you cannot substitute anymore.

Do you guys perhaps know if there is not a way to do this or what should I do as I would really like to go.

Cheers

The only way you can do this now is illegally, by posing as your buddy. However if caught the both of you will be disqualified from future CTCT's.

I am really annoyed by the way the 2nd lap issue has been (not) handled. I was invited too late last year to change my arrangements. This year I trained differently and made all my bookings around a second lap. I confirmed on the website that it will be happening and even communicated with PPA an CTCT to confirm this. Now it appears that the organisers let this slip through the cracks (while fighting over longstanding issues). It leaves a sour taste.

I am really annoyed by the way the 2nd lap issue has been (not) handled. I was invited too late last year to change my arrangements. This year I trained differently and made all my bookings around a second lap. I confirmed on the website that it will be happening and even communicated with PPA an CTCT to confirm this. Now it appears that the organisers let this slip through the cracks (while fighting over longstanding issues). It leaves a sour taste.

just do it anyway ..... and make a "donation" for doing a second lap..

Guys I'm assuming VA, VB, VM and 1A is one group and 1C would be like the old A group. Is my understanding correct?

Guys I'm assuming VA, VB, VM and 1A is one group and 1C would be like the old A group. Is my understanding correct?

AFAIK seeding wise old "A" is now 1A. Last year "A" started with that vets group and its the same this year. 1B is elite ladies. so 1C should be a group "B" rider.

Don't worry, the emails will either come out today or tomorrow :P

In starting order yes, but the 1A group will all be the young bucks at the front of the field with the VA, VB and VM riders. i.e They have included the old A group with the Vets riders from the start.

The racing elite ladies then go off 3 minutes behind that bunch and in 90 second intervals the next seeded groups go off behind the ladies!

There is a split time calculator on the cycletour website

If I download the calculator it gives me a read only spreadsheet and thus no way of changing the  target time.

Anybody got a solution ? 

Archived