Versus Cycling Socks

Versus Socks

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The response so far has helped us a lot and we can't wait to create awesome socks!

We still need a few more responses, so if you have a minute please fill in our survey (By doing this you stand a chance to win a Versus Socks hamper as soon as we have launched our first products):

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DD2LK8S

most important property of a sock - any sock - must not get a hole at the big toe after wearing it a few times.

Agree :thumbup:

Also the hole in the heel..... from the plastic thingy that the munufactures use to keep the pair together...

Hi Hubbers,

During a bike ride in Jonkershoek, some time ago, the topic of cycling socks came up between my friend and I (both students in Stellenbosch). With both of us always on the lookout for new business opportunities we realised that there is a gap in the market for affordable, comfortable, durable and just outright sexy socks. So we spent some time creating designs, pinpointed a reliable local manufacturer and from there Versus Cycling socks came to life.

Now we need your input to make this idea a success and to ultimately create awesome socks.

Please help us in better understanding your cycling sock needs by filling in this survey - it will only take a minute (By doing this you stand a chance to win a Versus Socks hamper as soon as we have launched our first products):

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DD2LK8S

If you have any further comments to add on the topic of cycling socks, please do so below or send us a PM.

just curious... why VERSUS socks, if you say there was an open market for cycling socks i.e. it implies no competition? Anyways, will take part in the survey =)

edit:

* 3. What size shoe do you wear? (UK)

I Literally wear a UK 10.5. not sure if half sizes are relevant to how accurate you hope survey results will turn out

Edited by Dirkitect

just curious... why VERSUS socks, if you say there was an open market for cycling socks i.e. it implies no competition? Anyways, will take part in the survey =)

edit:

* 3. What size shoe do you wear? (UK)

I Literally wear a UK 10.5. not sure if half sizes are relevant to how accurate you hope survey results will turn out

Well, after going back-and-forth for 2 weeks looking for a name & logo, Versus Socks stuck. The "Versus" to some extent refers to us taking on the competition ;) but mostly because "Versus" relates to the competitiveness of sports.

Regarding the half size: At the end half sizes won't really matter as our socks will be available in size ranges (e.g. 7 - 11)

Survey done but just a thought - enable the survey so one can enter multiple options for example, I ride with numerous colour socks and kit but can only choose one of each. Just my 2c.

Really wish the best for this venture as most quality socks these days are ridiculously priced - saw socks at CWC for R260 a pair yesterday!!

I hate socks, hate them so much. I am a true sock hater.

The number of times I just want to brutally burn a perfectly good pair just because it's full of toe molesting seams, or the details on the socks create some sort of loose thread forest on the inside that my toes need to navigate and tackle through every time I put them on.

Looking forward to giving yours a bash.

Sincerely

Sock Murderer