Goodbye Eagle Canyon Cycles

Flashfozzy

I have tried the new owner no luck

Took my wifes bike in to have a 170 compact crank fitted, isntead of the 172.5 normal crank.

They changed the seatpost level and screwed up the gears, took it back took them 3 hours to get the gears semi right and they guy consistently telling me the clustered is the problem, yet the cluster is 4 months old, squeky clean and damage shown.

2 Weeks later her gears act up again, so I hear that cyclist workshop moved to northriding and they are quite good.

As the guys to remove a chainlink from my track bike, straighten the wheel, sort out my wifes gears and replace a cable. I come back in the afternoon, gears still stuffed, and tells me its to difficult to change the cable. sigh and he charged me R250, for what? R150 to true the wheel and R100 to not fix the gears...?

Eventually I went to Cycletech in kayalami, finally got some service, at decent prices. just to bad they are so far.

Anyone know of good LBS in randburg?

There's a guy with a shop at the Nicholas nursery , awesome service

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a guy with a shop at the Nicholas nursery , awesome service

Hmm on the back of comments here, walked into LBS at nursery and was not impressed. I asked for shammy cream and the guy had never heard off it.

Also saw him working on a bike with the incorrect tools. Would not be happy for him to handle my rig

Hmm on the back of comments here, walked into LBS at nursery and was not impressed. I asked for shammy cream and the guy had never heard off it.

Also saw him working on a bike with the incorrect tools. Would not be happy for him to handle my rig

Yes not a retail store , but so far he seemed very competent servicing my bike.

Hi Hubbers,

Yes Cyclists WorkShop is the LBS on Nothumberland.

We are open 8-6PM (nursery gate is closed from 5pm but still come through)

Fridays we close at 5pm

Sat 8-1pm

For Sales contact Gavin - gavin@cyclistsworkshop.co.za

For Servicing contact Mpho - mpho@cyclistsworkshop.co.za

Any Technical/non-technical cycling advise contact Josh - info@cyclistsworkshop.co.za

Staff are well trained for their specfic duties in the shop. When we are busy it does get a bit messy when they over lap like Sales staff trying to bleed a brake or a machince selling shammy cream. Appologies for any errors that might happen but we are here to help. Lets all work together to grow the sport. Let me know what you unhappy with directly (joshua@cyclistsworkshop.co.za) and plans can always be made to send you off on your bicycle a happy customer.

Have you heard that we have just been appointed an Authorized Trek dealer? We are waiting for our stock to arrive but while we wait (only a few more days) everyone is welcome to stop by to check the amazing prices we have on some Demo/Show stock of Momsen 2015 Bicycles. Limited sizes and models but maybe we have one for you. We will have a range of bicycles upto R15000 on the floor. If you want something more expensive or a custom build from wheels to bicycles we can help so let us know and we will get back to you asap.

Our very on Gavin Kilpatrick SA Paralympic Broze Medalist Beijing (Track Cycling) is at the shop everyday until 15h30 to help you with your dream bike. Pop past and come chat to Gavin. Dont forget to ask him about Future Life Products. 

Also new is our Muna Childrens bicycles... Push bikes, 14" bicycles, 16" bicycles and 20" bicycles. All just for children. Dont forget the matching helmet and gloves... Prefect for the Chritmas tree :)

Some other brands you will find in the shop: Silverback, Birzman, Kali Helmets and the list is almost endless. If you looking for a Garmin dont go anywhere else - drop Gavin an email and he will get you sorted. Need a HD Sports Camera??? Just drop us a mail with what you want.... some items for now are sold on an order bases so that we can put more money into keeping parts to get your bicycle serviced sooner and get you back on the trails.

O yes more exciting news - If you are on the West Rand the best place will be the Ghost Factory Store.Cyclists WorkShop will be joining forces with the Ghost Factory Store to bring you the best servicing and sales there is. Ryan will be my right hand man. He is super excited, super nervous and a little bit new.... So Hubbers go easy on him. 

This is not just for the Ghost riders but for all the riders - yip any bicycle. Also not to worry the LBS in the NURSERY will be going stronger than ever. Lots to do in both shops but we ask nicely to be patient as we get everything sorted so that we can offer you a better shopping experience.

Lets go rip some trails - Happy pedaling Hubbers :)

• 1 month later...

I stopped there on the 4th for a price check on a Gatorskin. The conversation with the youngster mentioned in the first post above went something like this: 

"Hi do you have any gatorskins?"

"No"

"OK.... when will you get new stock?"

"Tomorrow"

"Thanks... and how much will that be?"

"R 520"

I won't be back. I rather go to Linden or Northcliff, both who are much more helpful

Firstly I would never go to Northcliff Cycles they have the worst staff in there.

I have been supporting ECC since the very beginning when Tony and Morne used to run the place, Since Conrad and his family have taken over i am yet to be disappointing.

I popped in on numerous occasions to see if they had bits and bobs for bike build/repairs and projects, I asked not to interfere with what they are currently doing and if they had time to give me a call if they ever came across the part I need. Instead they let me have free rain at their stock room and the multiple boxes (I was like a kid in a candy store), I found what I was looking for and when asked how much it was they asked me to give them a price of what I would pay. Being the person I am I gave them a fair price and they agreed and off I went happy faced.

They are very friendly, always willing to help and I will continue to go back .

Keep it up guys!!!

D

Hi Guys

Happy new year to you all, may 2015 be the best year ever.

We are aware of the concerns regarding the topic and invite you to visit Cyclists' Workshop just down the road inside Nicolas Plants (Cnr Northumberland and Montrose av)

3 bike service options as well as a range of new and second-hand bikes.

Good service and friendly advice where possible.

For further information, contact media@cyclistsworkshop.co.za

Firstly I would never go to Northcliff Cycles they have the worst staff in there.

I find Alex to be pretty helpful when he is there, but as for the rest, I would have to agree...

After my first few not cool experiences with them at the old store I was kinda forced to use them at the new shop during the "closed" season due to then being just down the road.

I must say that I'm starting to change my mind a bit. The dad and the daughter have been super helpful and got me sorted. Especially the pops. Even didn't charge me for an emergency spoke issue I had in what seemed like a super busy day. However both times I had to deal with the son he was kort af gave me the impression I was wasting his time, at one time even pushing Shimano parts down my throat when I specifically insisted on SRAM, because apparently "it's the same thing". No buddy it's not, it's not what I asked for. Toppie quickly jumped in and sorted it out.

So in conclusion I will use them for small tasks and as trust builds maybe more.... That's the least I can do considering the dads lekker attitude.

Edited by Patchelicious

Hi Guys

Happy new year to you all, may 2015 be the best year ever.

We are aware of the concerns regarding the topic and invite you to visit Cyclists' Workshop just down the road inside Nicolas Plants (Cnr Northumberland and Montrose av)

3 bike service options as well as a range of new and second-hand bikes.

Good service and friendly advice where possible.

For further information, contact media@cyclistsworkshop.co.za

Are these the guys who had a shop that sold Pinarellos ?