Goodbye Eagle Canyon Cycles

Flashfozzy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will support any initiative/shop where Conrad (Cg-S on the Hub) is involved. He has always been helpful at everything, gone an extra mile to help, even when he did not have any monetary gain to make. I have found his prices to be very reasonable, is very knowledgeable about many things, and in his garage, he usually pulls out the right part all the time. Good luck to you in your new venture :clap: :thumbup:

I will support any initiative/shop where Conrad (Cg-S on the Hub) is involved. He has always been helpful at everything, gone an extra mile to help, even when he did not have any monetary gain to make. I have found his prices to be very reasonable, is very knowledgeable about many things, and in his garage, he usually pulls out the right part all the time. Good luck to you in your new venture :clap: :thumbup:

!?! ;)

I went there today.

Was very impressed

Have supported Conrad for years, and think the setup he has now will fly.

Have always received top-notch service and pricing.

Best of luck Conrad and Chaunce

I have been dealing with Conrad for some years now and he has always gone out of his way to help. I also liked to support eagle canyon Cycles as its nice and close. I for one was delighted when I walked into the bike store to see that Conrad and Chaunce are now the owners. I agree, at first the store was empty, and naturally they would will be having teathing problems, but when I popped in today the shop was full of shiny new bikes and I couldn't resist it when I was offered a pair of shoes R380.00 less than the original Eagle canyons sticker price.

You guys should give them a chance and build up a relationship.

Go to Cajees and Linden and all the places you guys praise so much! They run a business, GIVE THEM ALL YOUR MONEY! I will continue to support C4 Cycles and watch them grow! I get the best service, and so does everyone else who continue to support what they are doing. WELL DONE Conrad for TRYING!

Of course Linden Cycles is a business - what else would they be? And by extension I suppose C4 Cycles is a charity selling bikes and parts at cost and working for free just 'cos they're cyclists and love cycling?

By all means speak well of guys you know, and support them in their new venture, but don't make a fool of yourself on your first post by posting ignorant, naive tripe.

Shelldon still does servicing - He does a great job, is attentive to detail and I can vouch for him..

PM me if you need his details.

Only other guy I have trusted to do a good job is Lance from Epic cycles in the Cape or CWC (certain technicians only..)

Otherwise I do all my own servicing - not to offend anyone, but a lot of stores push volume and do sub-par servicing with VERY little attention to detail. I have heard this complaint in cycling circles over and over through the years.

I got a long very well with Jacques and Tony, referred lots of people to them. I was really very happy with the service they provided.

Sad to see them go

Will give the new owners a chance.

I dont know if it will be viable to have 2 shops within 3 km of each other though.

Because of a recent insurance claim I had to deal with Bruce Reyneke Cycles Westrand(lewees)

And I realized, Hanco that did the setups by ECC is now doing it there

Also some of the technicians from ECC were setting up my new bike there.

I also saw Tony there a few times, so that is another option. it is a bit further but Dave has been helpful.

Will give C4 a go, as I stay in sundowner, tbh although NC has stock I dont like how they do after service etc.

And linden is just to far.

I wonder if the shop that sells GHost bikes in Zeiss rd also do servicing and stuff?

I have personally dealt with Conrad (Cg-S) and can with clear conviction, say that he is an honest dealer and most certainly someone I will recommend. He is always willing to help and goes out of his way to fix my cycling issues, albeit half of which is in my head. He is one of the cheapest and most reasonable bike shops, who doesn’t charge a R50 surcharge for picking your bike up and tying it into the Park Tool, like so many other shops do.

His son is a is a young man who has worked at one of the biggest cycle stores in JHB and has learned how to maintain and service bicycles. He is and is knowledgeable enough to run a branch, even if his perceived service level is lacking, he will learn. C4 is my LBS and the kid absolutely deserves a break!

Edited by NeoOne

Depending on which side of that area you are on, I have heard many many good things about West Rand Cycles... I am on the Eagle Canyon side, so too much of a drive for me, so guess its Concept at Fourways for me...

Why so far if Cyclist Workshop is just down the road from Eagle Canyon, they at Peters Plants. Joshua does a great job

Why so far if Cyclist Workshop is just down the road from Eagle Canyon, they at Peters Plants. Joshua does a great job

Because I have dealt with Ricky and the guys at Concept before (both my bikes are Spez). Never heard of Cyclist Workshop before, will definitely go take a look then. Thanks!

Does anyone know why Tony and Jacques decided to sell?

Have always considered it very hard to make a living from a LBS given the amount of stock you have to carry (with none of in on consignment unless you are CL size)

So was wondering whether they struggled or cashed out (was not overly impressed with the shop but hope it was the latter nonetheless)

Because I have dealt with Ricky and the guys at Concept before (both my bikes are Spez). Never heard of Cyclist Workshop before, will definitely go take a look then. Thanks!

Ricky has been doing this for years, he started in a back of a garage in the same area, then moved to Fourways and now back in our hood again. He wont disappoint. There is only 2 mechanics I use.

I read through this thread as I went to ECC last weekend for the first time in years & was quite disappointed with their range of bikes & wondered how they survived. Now I know, transition phase...

Clicked on the link in the thread to The Cyclist Workshop & find it a bit awkward that bicycle is spelt incorrectly on the homepage ("Bicylces are our business"). Attention to detail, hmmmm....

I got a long very well with Jacques and Tony, referred lots of people to them. I was really very happy with the service they provided.

Sad to see them go

Will give the new owners a chance.

I dont know if it will be viable to have 2 shops within 3 km of each other though.

Because of a recent insurance claim I had to deal with Bruce Reyneke Cycles Westrand(lewees)

And I realized, Hanco that did the setups by ECC is now doing it there

Also some of the technicians from ECC were setting up my new bike there.

I also saw Tony there a few times, so that is another option. it is a bit further but Dave has been helpful.

Will give C4 a go, as I stay in sundowner, tbh although NC has stock I dont like how they do after service etc.

And linden is just to far.

I wonder if the shop that sells GHost bikes in Zeiss rd also do servicing and stuff?

Yes they have a workshop.

I have personally dealt with Conrad (Cg-S) and can with clear conviction, say that he is an honest dealer and most certainly someone I will recommend. He is always willing to help and goes out of his way to fix my cycling issues, albeit half of which is in my head. He is one of the cheapest and most reasonable bike shops, who doesn’t charge a R50 surcharge for picking your bike up and tying it into the Park Tool, like so many other shops do.

His son is a is a young man who has worked at one of the biggest cycle stores in JHB and has learned how to maintain and service bicycles. He is and is knowledgeable enough to run a branch, even if his perceived service level is lacking, he will learn. C4 is my LBS and the kid absolutely deserves a break!

Conrad and C4 Cycles have my vote of confidence and I would recommend them to anybody.