Who has the right of way?

georges

No advantage at all. Actually a disadvantage, I have an extra 150g in sportsbra I need to haul up a hill. I am yet to meet a man so chivalrous, that he offers to carry my water bottles for me.

Do you have a camelfront?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i see chit like this that I remember why I'm not heartwarmingly-welcoming to new cyclists. Give way to the cyclist that trained longer and harder than you did

Its people like you with attitudes like this that make us noobs feel bad.

I try hard to give people right of way but my steel bike with only 10 gears isn't that fast. Plus I fall a lot when people ride right behind me.

Sorry if I get in your way - I'm sure I'll be faster when I've shed my 25kg boep.

Its people like you with attitudes like this that make us noobs feel bad.

I try hard to give people right of way but my steel bike with only 10 gears isn't that fast. Plus I fall a lot when people ride right behind me.

Sorry if I get in your way - I'm sure I'll be faster when I've shed my 25kg boep.

Dont worry Eldron, mate. I'll hold your hand.

I must say, I am enjoying this playful witty banter on a TUESDAY afternoon, sure as hell beats working!

Work? What's that? Being stuck at home with a lightie that has suspected hand foot & mouth disease does not lend itself to productivity....

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

All race organisers should have dual single track ;)

Snakes keep right

I'm a puffy... does that mean me, or am I supposed to keep left cos I'm like Eldron, and have a 25kg boep that I need to shed? (Hence the "puffy" designation)

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

If I am being passed I will move over when I feel it is safe for me to do so with out becoming a moving roadblock.

If I am passing someone I will lookout for a spot where I can and let the rider ahead know what I intend doing.

Work? What's that? Stuck at home with a lightie that has suspected hand foot & mouth disease does not lend itself to productivity....

Eish sorry man that sucks! Hope he heals up sharp

I'm a puffy... does that mean me, or am I supposed to keep left cos I'm like Eldron, and have a 25kg boep that I need to shed? (Hence the "puffy" designation)

They are called buffaloes in polite company but I like puffy's.

I think I have found my new race designation.

I am up there with the puffy's

Eish sorry man that sucks! Hope he heals up sharp

Thanks man. Got the call from the creche yesterday asking to pick him up. It's been going around and he started showing potential signs. Doc said it was inconclusive so I'm keeping him home just in case...

Oh, right. Attack the person. That's such an intellectual approach.

Dirkitect by the looks of things.

Seems he has a problem with people being in front of him. Should put him behind the wheel of a blue lighter so he can have people move over for him on the freeways.

Don't forget how you started this.*

My assertions and comparison were based upon your extremely indignant post, where you claimed that you weren't finished, and then proceeded to label that same woman as "scum" because she didn't move over for you.

Don't be scum, if someone catches up, they deserve to pass you and you ought to respect fellow cyclists, even in race conditions!

Nowhere does that imply a specific person as scum- quite the opposite in fact, because "someone" is not indicative. Don't blame me for yourself being so negative that you assume the worst. ;)

Civilised conversation? With regard to what, exactly? And how have you started this? With an attack on the person saying that your attitude of "everyone must move over for me if they are slower" is one that draws parallels with the blue light brigades. That you then pat yourself on the back for your self appointed "good sportsmanship" speaks volumes.

* Don't forget how you started this.

I get annoyed when someone holds me up for several minutes in a race, but give way when someone else catches up and wants to pass. Please point out the selfishness in that, ya' genius.

As for you saying that i lack ability to converse on a civilised basis - that's just an ad hominem attack - a staple tactic of those who have nothing to add, yet try to discredit another based on something that they disagree with yet cannot offer evidence to the contrary.

Yes, your fallacies (bluelightbullies and strava reference) are ad hominem. Still don't see the plank in your own eye, hypocrite.

But - as I've now said my piece, I bid you a good day. May you find peace on the Trails, and recognise that the only way to get faster (and thereby pass those sub-optimal height female 29er riding specimens) is by: a) training harder b: getting a better seeding c: learning to pass properly.

last paragraph is common knowledge for competitive cycling.

I'll be here all day, and tomorrow.

Edited by Dirkitect