Local Online Bike Shop - Bad Experience

An3

I have decided end the thread here.

I really do not have the energy to deal with this company.

I will however send one last email to them stating that I want a 56cm and 58cm and that they must please expedite my order :)

For the record, I never actually expected 2 bikes with a combined value of R200 000.

Bike Shop owners: Please check your website content and take ownership for mistakes. And if you are using a 3rd party - make sure that you have a contract in place to protect you against their mistakes.

You sound like someone i would not invite for a group ride

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If somebody points out to you that the pricing on your website is wrong - fix your website.

But that's not what you did now is it? In life, you will find, often people will reciprocate your tone and attitude. Im certain if you send them a mail like - Hi xxx I noticed some strange pricing wrt xxx. If that is the correct price I would like to take 2 - if not I suggest you update it before it leads to confusion. .... something along those lines might have just got you those free socks

You sound like someone i would not invite for a group ride

Yep, must be careful. During the ride, he'll suddenly announce, "I've decided to end the ride here, please go home now"....

Edited by Maniax

But that's not what you did now is it? In life, you will find, often people will reciprocate your tone and attitude. Im certain if you send them a mail like - Hi xxx I noticed some strange pricing wrt xxx. If that is the correct price I would like to take 2 - if not I suggest you update it before it leads to confusion. .... something along those lines might have just got you those free socks

and miss an opportunity to be a total a$$hole? Not likely!

Sure .... but I would not have received 2086 views in two hours on the Hub...... and I have enough socks.

Sure .... but I would not have received 2086 views in two hours on the Hub...... and I have enough socks.

So you are a believer in the saying "There is no such thing as bad PR?"

That is true. Best troll ever! well done boet

... and ensure that no-one on here is going to take you seriously in the near future, Peanutbutter An3

Grawe daai gat so bietjie dieper....

I once informed CWC about a product they advertised for R0.00. Their response was something like that they had made a mistake. They will immediately correct it and they thanked me for pointing it out to them.

Update:

I phoned the company. The person who responded is the owner.

I said to him that I do not expect one or two bikes but I do expect an apology in writing and that I would then be quite happy for this to be the end of this saga.

He responded that I must first cancel my order in writing, which I am not prepared to do.

Chidlish much?mmmm I think so.

Guest dirkieuys

Rediculous markup that. They must be making millions.

I have seen a fare share of products being sold online for R0.00 and I just ignore it. As my Dad always said, nothings for free my boy.

Edited by dirkieuys

I once informed CWC about a product they advertised for R0.00. Their response was something like that they had made a mistake. They will immediately correct it and they thanked me for pointing it out to them.

Same here. Also made it VERY clear that WE are under no obligation to sell at listed prices. Must say that was before the tough times