Local Online Bike Shop - Bad Experience

An3

I think the bike shop was very reasonable in their reply . My reply would have been a bit different with a lot of descriptive phrases starting with a F and ending with the word OFF .

Its a good thing that I dont work a lot with people, because my reply might have been quite the same as yours.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good thing that I am not in retail. If someone has nothing better to do than to engage with a bike shop employee on what was clearly an error on the website or try to use this error to blatantly exploit the situation, my response would have been much more colorful.

snap!

I purchased a mtb last year from Bike Basement, the salesmen wanted to charge me more than what the website advertised it at. I mailed the Big boss...He replied with a simple..."humblest apologies for the inconvenience...we will honour the price on the website". Was something like a R2k difference....but he honoured it nonetheless.

Your situation does not seem valid....sorry!

Edited by Fabian46

No offence but seriously, what were you thinking, that you are going to get two bikes for free?

Yip,bit of a dumb argument.

OP, pick your battles.

Life is too short to worry about crap that you engineer trying to be a funny guy.

If your intention is to test the legal aspects then please let me know and I will forward all detail to our legal team as well as to a personal friend of mine who sits on the board of directors of *** (My company name) to get his view on this.

No matter what you guys say, this part is questionable. You guys will all use your foul words but this employee wants to bring your boss into it?!

Update:

I phoned the company. The person who responded is the owner.

I said to him that I do not expect one or two bikes but I do expect an apology in writing and that I would then be quite happy for this to be the end of this saga.

He responded that I must first cancel my order in writing, which I am not prepared to do.

a price of R0.00 is clearly an error, but if something is marked with an incorrect price and is a bargain but not so much that it is unbelieveable I would contest it.

example 1 : if Product x usually sells for R100 and marked at R70 (and they say its an error) I would contest it.

example 2: if Product x usually sells for R100 and marked at R10 (and they say its an error) I would accept it as such. (Unless its front page headlines as a killer deal)

I guess for me the rule of the "reasonable man" would apply.

My assesment of the above issue: Walk away while you still can.........its clearly an error.......

Update:

I said to him that I do not expect one or two bikes but I do expect an apology in writing and that I would then be quite happy for this to be the end of this saga.

He responded that I must first cancel my order in writing, which I am not prepared to do.

Now is a great time to tickle those keyboard qwerty keys like Richard Clayderman .

Ballad for not so free.

Update:

Dude, let it go. Go set a few PRs you will feel a whole lot better and achieve a whole lot more. Edited by Patchelicious

a price of R0.00 is clearly an error, but if something is marked with an incorrect price and is a bargain but not so much that it is unbelieveable I would contest it.

example 1 : if Product x usually sells for R100 and marked at R70 (and they say its an error) I would contest it.

example 2: if Product x usually sells for R100 and marked at R10 (and they say its an error) I would accept it as such. (Unless its front page headlines as a killer deal)

I guess for me the rule of the "reasonable man" would apply.

My assesment of the above issue: Walk away while you still can.........its clearly an error.......

Trying to apply common sense on the hub??? no no no

Yes they could have. But that doesn't mean we can all act like children and then cry foul when we get offended by a reaction.

Totally agree. In my opinion, the OP wen't too far and should have accepted the their first reply, i.e. "coming soon", but the second reply was unprofessional.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Smartie