Bestmed Jacaranda Satellite Classic (80km and 106km)

Marijan

Apologies to anyone who had to ride beside me with my new and VERY squeaky shoes.

Towards the end of the race I was ready to take them off and ride barefoot!

;-)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyable race, perfect conditions and bunches worked well together. Well done to all who rode.

It went up yesterday already. Check your approximate time and then look for your chip number.

The results suggest a very fast race, the median rider (#670) came in at 3:11 with an average speed of 33.25km/hr. 

The results suggest a very fast race, the median rider (#670) came in at 3:11 with an average speed of 33.25km/hr.

Great, now I don't feel so good about my time anymore [emoji20]

[/quoteMytime is 30s slower than last year ,but it felt faster .I guess i have reached my maximum ave speed .The A bunch 80km riders caught us with 15 km to go on the descent and althou we tried to keep up ,the pace was just to fast even on a downhill

Finally managed my sub 3. Woo hoo. In general oncoming traffic was very accommodating especially the truck drivers. They were very cool. As usual cyclist playing chicken with cars and fate cycling on wrong side of road then pulling back in causing teh bunch to hit brakes and p me off...... But thankfully nothing happened in the batch. Cars from behind overtaking were actually very cool as well. Even going up Hekpoort when there was PLENTY space to ride on the hard shoulder and let the cars past.... but anyway.

Think i may give this one a skip in future as well

Enjoyed the race very much, especially the bit of single track riding I had to do, haha. Hekpoort was awesome, first time I did that climb. Did a 3:10, super happy with that. Now for the 94.7...

Sufferfest of note for me... Started talking on the proverbial white telephones from 2am Saturday morning, couldn't keep my breakfast down and got a nasty cramp/spasm in my calf during the night so on the start I was already man down... Soldiered on never the less, horrid starting time meant I had no group to work with either and rode solo to a 3:30... Concentrated hard last 20km not to get sick on the road

Awesome route though and scenery, with some better organization I think this could be an awesome event

Had a super race.

Started in B batch and granted the first 40km is a tad boring, but after closing down a few attacks the bunch settled in prep for hekpoort.  In the climb four of us broke away and worked together to stay away from the bunch.  Finished 3rd in the B group, pretty chuffed.

Some of the staff at the barn were horrifically rude though, won't stay for the beers again but will be back for the race.  :thumbup:

Had a super race.

Started in B batch and granted the first 40km is a tad boring, but after closing down a few attacks the bunch settled in prep for hekpoort.  In the climb four of us broke away and worked together to stay away from the bunch.  Finished 3rd in the B group, pretty chuffed.

Some of the staff at the barn were horrifically rude though, won't stay for the beers again but will be back for the race.  :thumbup:

Good result. Congrats.

Roughly 300 riders on the longer ride had a faster average speed than the winner of the shorter distance.

Archived