Bestmed Jacaranda Satellite Classic (80km and 106km)

Marijan

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I gather there is no road closure..

Front and back marshalls?

Issues if we arrive at the venue after the first groups have left?

Plesier! Picking up numbers for Sonic81 and Bonus. See you guys tomorrow. Good luck to all doing the race!

A huge thank you from "Wendy" and "Bonus"! See you in the morning:-)

i dont know the venue name to get directions on GPS ... help. comming from Gordon rd on the N1 going North 

No stress... I just got directions. Thanks 

i dont know the venue name to get directions on GPS ... help. comming from Gordon rd on the N1 going North

Check out google maps on saloon Route 66. That'll get you there bro!!

What a awesome race! Great route, good marshelling and now waiting for prize giving. 80k done in 2h20 something. Onto the next one in a months time

I don't think you will think it was awesome when you try to leave. It was chaos. I had to do a 80km detour to get out.

I lost the head of A on Hekpoort. Got to the end OK. Hated the traffic and felt unsafe.

If it was not such a good seeding opportunity I would never do it again.

I really enjoyed that - despite getting a puncture 2km into the race! Wasn't a happy bunny but fixed it and carried on :-)

There was a bit of traffic at times but not enough to worry about. Good to see plenty of marshals and medics everywhere. I did see a couple of nasty spills. Hopefully everyone was ok. Watched the prize giving and left without incident. Saw some tail enders on the road back towards Krugersdorp but there were a couple of sweeping vehicles bringing up the rear.

A nice morning out :-)

Had a few beers and left after prize giving. Home by 12h30. Easy.

Can imagine that place getting way out of hand when the bikers pull in

(I worked as stage tech crew on a Hustler rally years ago, and the images are still imprinted in my brain - what has been seen cannot be unseen!)

I thought the Hekpoort climb had a bark worse than its bite. Rode with some guy in a orange Euskadil shirt and a girl with Jakaranda kit on. Got caught up in the CHOC 106km group in the last few k's and coasted home

Will be back next year for sure

Great race,

Never felt "unsafe"

The Hekpoort climb was a monster,but enjoyed it

Weather could not have been better

Will be back

Great morning ride .For the first time in a road race stayed with the group until it split up on hekpoort .From there solo efford until the finish . I left immediately and was back in PTA at 11h00 .I new from last year not to hang around at the finish

Archived